My new old Deckel FP1

Try contacting AB Machinery. They have dealt with plenty of Deckels over the years - they may be able to tell you what overarm you would be looking for. They must have other equipment in house, since their web site and their e-bay store don't necessarily have the same inventory.

Well gents, I have been bitten by the tool-lust bug. I happened across an older FP1 with quite a bit of equipment and the price was right so I jumped at it. I have yet to get it home and start cleaning her up but so far I am pretty happy. A friend of mine mentioned that the machine was available through a nice gent I got to know through our Scandinavian scraping course. I got in contact with him and the rest is history.

Anyway, what is a thread without pictures?

View attachment 91317View attachment 91319View attachment 91320View attachment 91318View attachment 91321View attachment 91315View attachment 91316

It is a MT4 spindle so I am guessing it puts the age of the machine in the early 60's - which is fine as it is the same vintage as my Colchester Chipmaster. It also came with a cabinet of goodies like the horizontal head, arbors, tooling, dividing head tailstock and bunches of collets. I am fairly excited to see how much better life is with a DRO as none of my machines have one. Accuracy of the machine should be very good as I can still machining marks on all the dovetails.

I'll post pictures when I get her home and start the cleaning, electrical and repair process.

Paul.

View attachment 91315 View attachment 91316 View attachment 91317 View attachment 91318 View attachment 91319 View attachment 91320 View attachment 91321
Woohoo that’s a beauty.

Be careful,British. I don't know a lot about Deckels,though I have an fp1. But,I have read that some of those cnc types can be about impossible to fix.
George,
Good to see you! Don’t you have 2 Deckers or did you sell one?
Evan

Back