My new PM932M-PDF, the good, bad and ugly

glad to here you have things working well. I wonder if there is a spindle wrench that is open end? leaving one on the spindle sounds like something I could end up doing.
Take a small rope-large string and affix it to the top of the spindle cap. Then hook the other end to the top of the electric box in-line with the forward-off-reverse (spindle motor) switch. Make the cord just long enough that when you hang the cap over the front of the panel it will hang in front of the switch. If you leave the wrench on the spindle the cap will be in the way of turning on the spindle motor switch and remind you to remove wrench and put cap on.

@RebelJD I see your picture of your spline wrench.​

Re: Spline wrench design

If I recall correctly, Matt (PM) said that they were going to start carrying spline wrenches for our machines and that they would be available by the end of the summer. I did not see them on the PM web site yet.... but maybe they just have not gotten them posted or maybe it is the supply chain issue again. Anyway, I have a very nice one I got from PM a long time ago (2018). A friend needed one recently and from mine I made a drawing about how to simply make one by drilling holes at the spline corners and milling the handle out.... all from a piece of thick plate Al. However, he had a 3D printer and just printed one. He says his plastic version works! I attached a pic and my sketch.

Dave

Attachments

• SpineWrench_IMAG1375.pdf
    832.2 KB · Views: 103
  • PM904M SplineWrench Tool L527_2330.pdf
    48.6 KB · Views: 93

@RebelJD I see your picture of your spline wrench.​

Re: Spline wrench design

If I recall correctly, Matt (PM) said that they were going to start carrying spline wrenches for our machines and that they would be available by the end of the summer. I did not see them on the PM web site yet.... but maybe they just have not gotten them posted or maybe it is the supply chain issue again. Anyway, I have a very nice one I got from PM a long time ago (2018). A friend needed one recently and from mine I made a drawing about how to simply make one by drilling holes at the spline corners and milling the handle out.... all from a piece of thick plate Al. However, he had a 3D printer and just printed one. He says his plastic version works! I attached a pic and my sketch.

Dave

It is listed in rye owners manual online for my 833TV. May also be in the manual for other machines? It was my understanding, at least for 833 purchasers, it would be provided at no cost.

Edit - I’m remembering this wrong. It was a wrench type apparatus for the spindle due to no lock or low gearing on V models.

It is listed in rye owners manual online for my 833TV. May also be in the manual for other machines? It was my understanding, at least for 833 purchasers, it would be provided at no cost.

Edit - I’m remembering this wrong. It was a wrench type apparatus for the spindle due to no lock or low gearing on V models.
Yeah, for the 833TV Precision Mathews sent me a part that slid over the spindle and tightened down. It came with a flat steel wrench but you had to machine the flats on the spindle portion yourself. Later the top of the 833TV was slightly changed so a wrench could be used from the top after removing the cover. Here's a pic of the difference.
833.jpg

Back