My new ride!

Congrats indeed. My favorite all time motorcycle was my R75/5. It was a simple mechanical wonder IMHO. It had the factory tool roll(all Hazet) and I could almost completely disassemble the bike with it. The only thing I hated was those cursed Bing carbs. They ran down the road fine but syc for idle was an art I never mastered.

Be safe and have fun.

Hard to beat a Beemer - - -

except with my Ducati !! :wink:

Just kidding. It's a beautiful bike. BMWs are hard not to fall in love with.

Come to Kansas and we'll experience the "Land of the Southwinds" (seemingly always 40 mph)!

Hard to beat a Beemer - - -

except with my Ducati !! :wink:

Just kidding. It's a beautiful bike. BMWs are hard not to fall in love with.

Come to Kansas and we'll experience the "Land of the Southwinds" (seemingly always 40 mph)!
I dig Ducati's ! I lust for a new monster just to scare the crap out of myself on occasion, they look sexy and sound great!
I have had many bikes in my lifetime, had a bike before a car even. Last bike I had was an 1800 Goldwing, great bike. I have always wanted a Beemer, the opportunity came up, I had the cash, she was well cared for and needed a home so I snapped her up. 2004 R1200CLC, 24,000 miles, lots of extra's, fuel injected, has the top trunk, all original and not molested. Newer tires and brakes, cruise control, heated grips and seats, shaft drive. I'll go over her real good over the winter and install a fresh battery and windshield, plugs, air filter, engine oil, filter, and drive shaft oil change, I'll change the alternator belt and fuel filter and do anything else that might need attention. It's a beautiful machine and I'm very excited and happy about it. The owner did drop it on it's side so it has a few slight scratches on the engine and bag guards but they did their job. Helped that the po threw his body under it, lol.
I have slowed down a bit, don't really have a need for speed much anymore, but comfort? now your talking, and this thing has that.

woodtickgreg,
We have common motorcycle histories. Never been without some kind of bike or scooter since I was 13. Put 82,000 miles on a HD Low-Rider in '80 to '82!
A couple of years ago I decided to go for comfort and luxury also. Went from a KTM 990 Advenure to the present Duc Multistrada (this is the largest windshield I've ever had!). And it sounds like our winters will be similar. Time for my 22,500 mile service which includes timing belts and valve adjustment on the Testastretta engine (no valve springs). Then I should be ready for a few trips of several thousand each miles next summer. So, maybe I'll concede that you have me beat in the comfort (and for the sensibility) departments. I'm 69 so maybe I'll decide to get a true touring bike like yours in a few years!
Sure looks and sounds like you got a super bike. I envy you. I've never had a Beemer, but not from the lack of want. Ride safe & stop and say hello if you ever pass through here.

The forum gods have gotten our locations back (under our avatars), so my town is there - Salina, KS. Junction of I-70 and I-135 / US 81

I'm usually on my cell phone and it doesn't show them. I have been wanting to do a south trip to Texas, I also have a friend in ks.
Not in the summer though, to damn hot for this yankee!

Back