My new ride!

Nice new toy, Woodtickgreg! Thanks for letting me know there is a forum for bikes too. I had not realized one existed.
I'll post a couple of pics in a different thread.

Enjoy the modern machine! Mine are all ancient. :rolleyes:

I got her home today! Was a beautiful 50 degree day so that made a 40 minute ride very enjoyable. Bike rides real nice. I have never had a bike with floorboards so this is going to take some getting used to.

20171124_162833.jpg

20171124_162843.jpg

20171124_162858.jpg
Girlfriend took a couple of pics of me sitting on it.
20171124_162921.jpg

20171124_162926.jpg
I'm very happy today!
20171124_162941.jpg
The radio and CD changer is a piece of crap! The p.o. has had it changed at least 4 ti.es and the display is currently not working. I'm thinking of just removing it, that will free up some space in the right saddle bag by removing the CD changer. I might try and find a decent aftermarket radio without CD and maybe just Bluetooth. I don't usually listen to the radio when I'm to riding anyway so it will probably just go bye bye.

I'm thinking ditch the radio, new windshield, and tune up. Needs a good cleaning and polishing too. Has sat a long time. Rode really nice though, very comfortable, not fast, just smooth. I dig the sound of this bike.

I've ridden a couple Beamers, and I was always a little annoyed by the higher frequency vibration in the handle bars. A dealer let me demo a brand new R1150GS dual sport once (even told me about some trails I could try after I showed him a knew how to ride) and in just a few miles of riding one of my hands was a little numb, and the other was tingley. That may sound funny since I have ridden shake and rattle Harleys for years, but the vibration of the Harley (even a rigid mount engine) doesn't make my hands tingle. No I am not a Harley zealot. Just using it for comparison. I've owned probably close to 30 bikes over the years and only 5 of them were hogs. I did have another bike with a similar vibration to the Beamers. A Yahama HS650. It didn't make my hands numb, but I was a LOT younger when I owned that one.

Strange,I have had less than 2000 miles on various Beamers, but have never noticed any vibrations like that. If I bought a bike today,
it would be a BMW twin.

CHuck the grumpy one

I cant ride a crotch rocket for very long because of the same thing, did about 40 minutes on the bike riding it home on the freeways and I had no issues. Even some bicycles make my hands go numb. But this bike for me puts me at a very relaxed comfortable position so far.

Interesting how individual experiences are different. I have over 110K on my old airhead beemer. To be honest, I never had hand problems on it or my crotch rocket for 30 years but about 5 years ago I started noticing the problem. Now both of them will buzz my hands to sleep. I have written it off to old age (of me not the bikes). My solution is just to ride faster to reduce the time gripping the bars..... :)

Back