My new shop baby

After the many emails I also had with Shirley and getting a working scale, the DRO appears to work fine. There are some issues with translations. For example HA stands for Sleep. There are other buttons labeled in such a way that they are not intuitive. The instructions leave a lot to be desired. But YouTube is a big help.

I purchased the same one as Norseman for the price. For a two axis DRO and the two scales, I paid right around $225 delivered. For other DROs they are approximately 4 times more expensive.

As Norseman said, "Time will tell".

Last edited:
Got a few pics of the break down and clean up process the oil galleries were in need of a serious clean out
and the Y axis nuts are in need of adjustment 30 thou backlash I didn't check the X axis but it will be adjusted as well
upon re-assembly.
Looks to be a not too bad clean up so far, just hope no boogers jump up on the rest of the job...........:chemist:

View attachment 337316View attachment 337317View attachment 337317TopView attachment 337319View attachment 337320View attachment 337321
OMG, I'm not going to tear my Bridgeport down like that unless I can't free up the stuck ram.

78 was when I graduated from high school in Fortuna Ca.
The lake of the woods area is still beautiful, though due to it's popularity not as much fun to be at with all the lowlanders.
Had to disassemble the mill to off load it as the tractor couldn't handle the lift and my brother and I had to drag the base off
the drop deck trailer after taking it apart.
After some initial clean up I rented an off road extended lift unit to put the base in the shop and then used the tractor to re assemble
the machine as per pics.
Wow, I graduated HS in 78 as well.

Been a while fer updates, after two months of battle with my purchase of a DRO system it is finally all installed and working.
just finished the first paying/barter job with it and happy.
They are custom draw bolts and pivots for a prototype irrigation/well pump casing stand off and lift assembly
one of my former employers and I are developing.
I will post more as it goes it is so nice having a full size mill to work with now !!..................:dancing banana:
Great looking parts!!!

Back