My New Steady Rest

Outstanding. It's a crime that anyone would charge you for welding that piece of art!
I have recently taken to sandblasting and then painting my steel with clear lacquer. It's a very nice finish with a natural look.
R

I missed this thread. Very nice Mark, much beefier than mine.

Thank you Mark. Mine will handle 4 5/8 inch. The good news is that it did the job that I built it for. :)

Nice job Mark, I need to make one for my logan 11". Sign me up for prints. Got to love this site.

Nice job Mark, I need to make one for my logan 11". Sign me up for prints. Got to love this site.
I will send you the prints and photos. If you decide to make one feel free to talk to me. I can give you a lot of tips to make it easier.

I will send you the prints and photos. If you decide to make one feel free to talk to me. I can give you a lot of tips to make it easier.
Thanks ALOT , I'm still busy moving and sorting and cleaning the shop. The past week I've really made some head way I'm about half way done . Plus I just got a Landis 1 1/2 grinder, she's old and dirty but beautiful to me. In great shape for ww2 vintage, still in use last week. The shops closing and selling off extras. I think it was Arrow Tool & Die in Philly. The man delivered her with some extra wheels free . I sprayed her down and wrapped her in a tarp till I can get her inside the grime should come off easy in a few days. So now my shops almost complete , a vertical bandsaw and tig WELDER would give my shop everything I could ever need. My one real wish would be a monarch lathe in a 14 to 16" swing the Ck model but that's just my dream machine. Ww2 vintage too. Thanks for the prints , pictures are bonuses. Had to make lots of items from prints alone in years past .

Back