My next CNC project - a CNC router

Have to say though, a 27 page operation manual and a 45 page specification manual is pretty good for China hardware. The english is quite good as well.

If you are getting an ebay water cooled spindle, make sure to check the taper runout and overall spindle balance. Quality can vary.

That is impressive actually.
The spindle is part of the kit that was put together by the originator of the project.

I'm helping a guy on a different forum with a control panel design. He bought a $2000 ATC water cooled spindle from China and it recommended adding rust preventative to the cooling water to avoid damage to the spindle water channels over time.
Interesting. I was thinking more like the water going rancid. Maybe that is not a thing though.
The 10hp spindle (it is a beast) on the Shop Sabre that I play with occasionally is air cooled. If I decide to do this, that will be the route it take; the air cooling, not the 10hp!

Interesting. I was thinking more like the water going rancid. Maybe that is not a thing though.
The 10hp spindle (it is a beast) on the Shop Sabre that I play with occasionally is air cooled. If I decide to do this, that will be the route it take; the air cooling, not the 10hp!
I have an old colombo spindle (8HP, Air cooled, ceramic bearings). It is LOUD! Came from a signage shop. You could hear it a quarter mile away if they had the garage door open. The water cooled spindles are silent by comparison.

I have an old colombo spindle (8HP, Air cooled, ceramic bearings). It is LOUD! Came from a signage shop. You could hear it a quarter mile away if they had the garage door open. The water cooled spindles are silent by comparison.
Good to know. Thank you.

Back