My ole 67'

I was 19 when much to my surprise, my folks co-signed on a note for me to buy a 1971 Mach 1 with a 4bbl 351C, four speed and 3.25 gears.
I only got two tickets, both for 40 in a 25. The law missed a few opportunities, they did.

The 67 looks WAY better than the 71.

I had a '71 Ford Maverick GT with a 302 v8 and floor shift. It would light up the tires easily, great high school car.

I had a '71 Ford Maverick GT with a 302 v8 and floor shift. It would light up the tires easily, great high school car.
A buddy had one in High School.
If I see another one, I may weaken. You still see this stuff now and then around here.
302 engine is a good start for many cars.

Another car I should have kept was a 74 Roadrunner with a 340/4 speed. I could smoke the tires through 1, 2 and well into 3rd gear. Just have to shift fast.

Nice 67. I picked up a 65 fastback, 289 4 speed, disc brakes, pony interior, in 74' after a 3 1/2 year stint in beautiful South East Asia. Loved to hear it wind through the gears. Not that fast by today's standards, but sure was fun at the time. Have the 66 to the right, now. Paxton blown 302, 5 speed, but thinking about a stroked 351 Clevor. Ah, to be young again. Mike

I had a 66 hardtop for a short period of time in 1971. It wasn't a go faster machine, but it was in excellent condition. At the time they weren't all that desirable in our area. I drove it a few months and decided I'd rather have a new 1972 Jeep CJ. I went to the local Jeep dealer and they wouldn't even take it as a trade in. I didn't buy the Jeep and it took several weeks to unload the Mustang. I can't remember what it actually sold for, but I'm sure it was in the $500.00 range or less.

Saw one of those flipped upside down into a concrete abutment with a dead guy laying next to it on a family trip, late 60s, on the way to Santa Cruz, Ca. just past Santa's Village. My mom was freaking out, my dad was trying to slowly nudge past without running over him. Exciting!
-Mark

When I first got married I had a 66 coup with hipo 289 4 speed,a 66 inline 6 convertible, and the wife had a 66 coup 6cylinder. Then later I got an 89gt 5.0 5 speed. And now I have a 2006 gt 5 speed that is my baby, for a little spirited driving a couple times a month..

Back