My one week anniversary.

You got tired and retired?

Never worked at a desk nor all day in a building. Found out early in life that was too trapping.

Good for you.
I wish you a warm shop, good lights, many happy years going to garage sales, and flea marketing for tools.
And the same, going to the scrap yard for materials.

You got tired and retired?

Never worked at a desk nor all day in a building. Found out early in life that was too trapping.
I worked as a motorcycle mechanic in my mid 20's to mid 30's and then decided that I wanted to do something different and went back to school for a data processing 2 year degree and got my foot in the IT world. So yes I am so glad to get out from being trapped in a office cubical 8 hour a day.

Yep I retired last Thursday, my wife's 65 birthday was the next day and on Saturday, while pursing CL's, I saw a 1947 (same year as my birth year) well tooled Logan 820 lathe for sale 3 hours east of me and 5 hours later I was heading home with it in the back of my wife's Honda CRV. And on Sunday I bought 7 used hammers of CL's which included a solid brass and a solid copper hammer. So what a way to start retirement!

I have been planning my metal working retirement hobby for about 3 years and purchased a basket case Logan 200 lathe which is missing a tail stock screw, a 1944 Burke horizontal end mill with a vertical attachment, old solid iron Delta 14” drill press, Dunlap power hack saw and a used 20 ton HF press. I plan on making the missing Logan 200 tail stock screw as my first lathe project and then selling it as no space for 2 lathes.

Also ran 100 amp panel to my 10' x 14' wood shed workshop and plan on insulating/paneling this winter.

Will be starting a new thread for my 820 as I want to clean it up some and make sure everything is in fairly good working condition. The only broken thing so far is one of the low speed gears so I will be having a steep learning curve for the lathe and end mill.

Back