My other car in the garage

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Due to overwhelming popular demand(one guy) this is a short history of the 70 Chevelle I've had for 25 years. I got it as an SS 454 clone, so I do not feel bad about modifying it, resto mod style. Originally a 350/350 auto car, and when I bought it, it was converted with the 454, 4 speed, and 12 bolt rear end. After many years, the rust monster got into it pretty bad, so the restoration began. I was bored with the 454, classic look, and since it's not original went in a different direction. I have raced this car at the strip, and it was showing a respectable 550 hp. There is now a 950 ish hp short deck 572, GF5R face plated 5 speed, and a fabricated Ford 9" with new suspension out back. some of the pictures...

The last one is the wheel wells are stretched 4"s to fit 31" tall slicks, these are 31 street tires on a 15x12" wheel. Hope you enjoyed the short history.

Last edited:
Both, even has AC.....

Lol, I wonder...

So many of us had cars sort of like this when we were young. I grew up in the so called Muscle Car era, raced and did all the cool stuff, too. I lived for this stuff and so did my friends but I, and they, eventually moved on with life. Seeing your cars brings back so many memories of good times, laughter, thrills and how life was when we were young.

Thanks for that, Aukai!!

Nice looking car. Can't imagine what it took to do it "over there" on an island.
Here's mine, 347 stroker, AOD trans, 9" Ford w\ 3.90 final drive, Wilwood brakes. Total Performance chassis, Kugal MII IFS. Old Gibbons glass body. Pic of the motor during mockup.

coupe small.jpg

302%20motor%20008_.jpg

This is what I am working on right now. A 1966 MG Midget that I drug out of a field. Bought it from a collector who had over 80 British cars. Most were in this field.

The body was in pretty good shape with only some minor rust cancer but the motor was toast. Frozen solid. It is being replaced with a Toyota 3TC/T50 5 speed out of a 1982 Corolla SR5. Motor will be basically stock to start with. Maybe around 90hp. If I stay under 100hp I don't need to replace the rear end. How much HP do you need in a 1400 lb go cart.
Current state

The motor mount brackets have been a PIA to get right. Thought that I had it all dialed in. Did a test fit on the hood and it wouldn't close. I am in the process of lowering the engine about 1 inch and I should be go to go. That's my project.

Back