[4]

my pickup

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

JOSHUAZ2

Active User
Registered
With my military background and my history in heavy equipment i have always wanted an MV. without a job and having a supportive wife I finally was able to get a few. I started with a 2 1/2 ton multifuel cargo truck and made it better for my intended use. what i was after was a big pickup truck that i wasn't afraid to ged a dent in. I removed the dual rear axles and put single rear wheels on it. to make maint a little easier i machined adapters so that i could use common napa oil and fuel filters. here are a couple of pics. i dont have any pics of the work due to a computer problem.

bigcamera220.jpg

036_zps126dd1b8.jpg

Attachments

ScubaSteve

Active User
Registered
That is so bad ass I think I am going to faint.

I see those auctions all the time and think about how cool one of those would be....but don't have the tools or knowledge to work on the big stuff. I really like the enclosed trucks with the hard tops....several of those prepper folks have outfitted them with beds and generators. It'd make a hell of an RV....that's for sure!

Tamper84

Active User
Registered
Just seen this. Do you drive that every day? Can you elaborate on your single wheel conversion?

Thanks,
Chris

davidh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
fuel consumption not for thoses faint of heart. i love it. armstrong power steering ? local guy has one with a 10 ft plow hanging on it. soo frigin heavy it is near impossible to steer :) still love to have one.

ScubaSteve

Active User
Registered
Yeah, I was reading up on these....top speed is something like 60 MPH. MPG is around 8, I think...not too bad considering there are jacked up civvie trucks that are about the same. Multifuel is nice...but God help you if you need to replace a tire :)

I've seen some of the variants which have hard tops, etc....seem to be popular with the Prepper Crowd. A great idea, but it definitely draws attention.:thinking:

[6]
[5] [7]