My Precision Mathews PM935TV Arrival/Setup

I know what you mean about shipping companies. When I got my 935 the side and front of the crate was off and the top was sitting on the machine.
They had balanced the mill pallet on another pallet because the original didn't fit their pallet jack. The thing was just sitting up there half off and the bottom pallet was junk and half crushed. Luckily I had no damage.

Rick

I know what you mean about shipping companies. When I got my 935 the side and front of the crate was off and the top was sitting on the machine.
They had balanced the mill pallet on another pallet because the original didn't fit their pallet jack. The thing was just sitting up there half off and the bottom pallet was junk and half crushed. Luckily I had no damage.

Rick

Thankfully you didn't end up with any damage either. I know when that door opened on the truck my stomach leaped into my throat. I didn't know what to do or say for a moment.

Mike.

Wow. My first reaction was feeling lucky mine arrived looking mostly like how RoadRunner got it in PA, but I should feel relief they did their job? Sounds like maybe. I'm just glad you like it since I recommended it so confidently.

And I feel the same about the DRO. The function I've used the most is the 1/2 position function to center the spindle on a part or a hole. I also go back and forth a lot between metric and Imperial when I'm making Harold Hall's projects (he works in metric, but I don't really want to.) Sure is handy.

-Ryan

Wow. My first reaction was feeling lucky mine arrived looking mostly like how RoadRunner got it in PA, but I should feel relief they did their job? Sounds like maybe. I'm just glad you like it since I recommended it so confidently.

And I feel the same about the DRO. The function I've used the most is the 1/2 position function to center the spindle on a part or a hole. I also go back and forth a lot between metric and Imperial when I'm making Harold Hall's projects (he works in metric, but I don't really want to.) Sure is handy.

-Ryan

Ryan, I agree about the 1/2 function. Once I saw that in the manual I used that a lot over the past several days. Very nice feature. I really liked how easy the bolt pattern feature was to use. It is very user friendly and I see myself using that a lot in the future.

I seem to always have my calculator on the lathe and one sitting on the mill table. I am going to start using the one on the DRO and noticed you can have it import to the axis of your choice once you calculate the dimensions. That is another feature I see myself using a lot in the future.

Mike.

I was wondering when your mill was going to show up, I'm glad you had no major damage. I'm not sure I would have been as nice to the driver as you were.

Nice job on the base and power draw bar.

I was wondering when your mill was going to show up, I'm glad you had no major damage. I'm not sure I would have been as nice to the driver as you were.

I'm not so sure I'd blame the driver. Maybe he had to take evasive action to avoid an accident. IMHO those lag screws should not have pulled out. Through-bolts would have been better, and I might have added diagonal bracing as well.

Thanks for the heads-up on the collet issue. I had almost forgotten that someone else had problems with that. -Joe

That would be me. They said to pull the part to access the screws to adjust, but didn't mention the set screw in the back and I never thought to look. Note that those are reverse threads, so now you have no excuse for getting it wrong.

-Ryan

That would be me. They said to pull the part to access the screws to adjust, but didn't mention the set screw in the back and I never thought to look. Note that those are reverse threads, so now you have no excuse for getting it wrong.

-Ryan

Good point Ryan, I forgot to mention that it is a left hand thread.

Mike.

Congrats Mike, looking good.

Back