My Precision Mathews PM935TV Arrival/Setup

I was wondering when your mill was going to show up, I'm glad you had no major damage. I'm not sure I would have been as nice to the driver as you were.

Nice job on the base and power draw bar.

Thanks Mac, I appreciate that.

I'm not so sure I'd blame the driver. Maybe he had to take evasive action to avoid an accident. IMHO those lag screws should not have pulled out. Through-bolts would have been better, and I might have added diagonal bracing as well.

I would have to agree, you can't blame a driver for an item coming loose from inside its packaging. I know for a fact you would lose any insurance claim with those pictures.

Thats a beautiful machine and a beautiful shop. I am the same way, I can't stand a mess or grease sitting around even though it seems to grow on its own.

That is a very nice machine. You're braver than I am - in spite of the wait I'd have likely just refused delivery. There's no excuse for a large heavy expensive item to show up with the crate in that condition. I don't know about Salt Lake, but I've seen how the bob tails drive in Fort Worth, Dallas and Atlanta and it's not pretty. And I drive fast in traffic. Having stated such, these machines put up with a lot of guff. You think about the trip from the factory to your door and all the bump and grinding that occurs in between, then we stand 'em up and fuss over .0005 per foot of adjustment. :))

Like the stand - have to remember that when I finally get up into the knee mill territory. Nice shop too, like the layout.

That is a very nice machine. You're braver than I am - in spite of the wait I'd have likely just refused delivery. There's no excuse for a large heavy expensive item to show up with the crate in that condition. I don't know about Salt Lake, but I've seen how the bob tails drive in Fort Worth, Dallas and Atlanta and it's not pretty. And I drive fast in traffic. Having stated such, these machines put up with a lot of guff. You think about the trip from the factory to your door and all the bump and grinding that occurs in between, then we stand 'em up and fuss over .0005 per foot of adjustment. :))

Like the stand - have to remember that when I finally get up into the knee mill territory. Nice shop too, like the layout.

Thanks Chris. I appreciate that.

I am anal about my tools/equipment. Had it shown even the slightest bit of damage more than that broken handle I would have not unloaded it and refused it. However, it appeared to be a "soft" lean and it really didn't come crashing all the way down that is why I opted to right it on the pallet and take a closer look.

After just seeing the small handle is when I opted to off-load the machine into the shop.

Wow Mike, the mill and lathe compliment your shop nicely, or is it the other way around! Anyway glad damage was minor and look forward to seeing your projects.

David

Thank you David, I appreciate that.

I do like what I see when I walk into my shop from the front door. I thought I had it arranged nice before but everything seems to "flow" better now as far as equipment placement. I also am glad I hung the electrical and air lines from the ceiling as I hate having cords and hoses lying across the floor when feeding machines. It is one thing when running an air gun or a drop light momentarily or intermittently, but to feed machines permanently I hate things on the floor.

Thanks again.

Mike, you should be careful floating those clean shop pictures around. People might feel peer pressure to clean up their shop too. In middle school we were taught that peer pressure is bad.

Now if only there was a way you could make a new handle for your mill...

-Jon

Mike, you should be careful floating those clean shop pictures around. People might feel peer pressure to clean up their shop too. In middle school we were taught that peer pressure is bad.

Now if only there was a way you could make a new handle for your mill...

-Jon

Thanks Jon, no need to have to machine a new handle. Matt threw one in the mail and I have already received it. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Mike

Very nice work.. and when I grow up I want a shop like yours..

rich

Back