My Rusnok 850 Mill

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
Over the past two years I have been collecting small machine tools for my home shop. Holding on to the best of the best machines I could find. I plan to just make models and other small stuff as a hobby. Its just a small 12' x 10' space but with lots of moving things around on paper I can fit most of what I "think" I will need. I am close to setting things up. I just need to do some final touches to the tools before bringing them home. Now that things are almost ready I figured I would share a few pics of the machines I decided on.

RUSNOCK 850 MILLING MACHINE

History:

Got this from a good friend/dealer in CT named Ed (AKA Why). He has a knack for finding interesting stuff, so I told him to call me when he gets an odd piece. So I got a call the other day, something like this.... Hey J, got something you might want... small mill.... says Russnook on it.... after a 5 sec pause I knew what he was talking about. After sending a pic we agreed on a price, not cheap but he is a friend and we all need to make money.

I replaced the motor you see in the pic with an original one with the built in for/rev switch. I just tore it down to clean it up and see if I need any parts. So far so good, replaced a few bolts so far.

Total Investment: 1000.00

Pic is as found.

X7.JPG

X7.JPG

:man:

you get even odder and more unique stuff than i do.
My hat is off to you sir!!!
thanks for sharing!!!

Nice!!! I'm not using mine anywhere near as much as I should be. This summer has been way too nice for me to spend it in the basement, I fear.

Any idea on what vise you plan on using on the table?

Thanks Doc. Btw, been trying not to buy anymore machines for myself. However, it's quite hard to do. Just had a Dalton lathe fall into my lap.....whats a guy to do.

As far as a vise for the Rusnok, not really sure yet. I might just be crazy enough to order a new one, I tend to be a completist. There 500 on the web site but no pic. I need to find out what it looks like. Anyone know?

That's a nice little mill. Throw a set of dro's on it and it would be great for small jobs. I'd like one of those heads for my Rotex mill.

I love my Rusnok, it was a trade, I spend about $500 on mine, yes I stole it ( trade a rifle for it that I didn't really need). I put a tool makes vice on it I also use a bigger vise to make fixtures, to attach directly to the table

Back