My Second Unimat Db200

Interesting Steve, I too started on a DB200 (which I still have), acquired lots of accessories and eventually graduated to an Atlas 618 which is now my workhorse.

I credit the DB200 for getting me started in machining back in the 70's.

David S, P.Eng.

IS IT A TOY LATHE THAT THINKS IT's A REAL ONE OR A REAL LATHE THAT THINKS IT's A TOY ?

DOESN'T MATTER , THEY ARE SO WELL DESIGNED & BUILT THAT THE LITTLE UNIMAT
CAN DO BOTH JOBS QUITE WELL !

SUCH WONDERFUL LITTLE MACHINES . MOST OF THEM WERE SOLD IN THE USA BY SEARS .
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND , THEY STILL HAVE SOME PARTS IN STOCK .

Last edited:
The model number on this seems to indicate a Sear Roebuck origin. My first was ordered from the back of a Mechanix Illustrated, Popular Mechanics, or similar magazine. This one predates my previous one; it has the aluminum handles rather than the black plastic ones my other one had and the switch is on the cord instead of a rocker switch built into the motor case.
No offense intended, but why do you "shout"?

Steve Shannon, P.E.

No offense intended, but why do you "shout"?

NONE TAKEN AS I AM NOT SHOUTING .

JUST TYPING IN CAPS , THE BIGGER FRIENDLIER LETTERS .

My father was nearly totally deaf and I learned from that, that shouting is perceived by the listeners rather than the speaker.
I really enjoy the content of your posts, so I'll learn to live with it.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

I HAVE THE BIG BOY .
THE EMCO MAXIMAT SUPER 11 .
IT WAS MADE IN 1990 & CAME OUT OF THE SAME FACTORY IN AUSTRIA .

DSC_0416.JPG

That's really nice. It's obvious you've taken good care of it. I always wanted one. I hope to make my Jet 1336 PBD work nearly as well.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

Wow. Very cool. Wish I had friends like that. What kind of projects are you planning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought its brother (same model) as a Christmas gift for a very dear friend 2 years ago. He passed away a month earlier so I still have it in the original wood case. Also having a craftsman 6" unit, a South Bend 9A 4' bed & a Harrison M300 long bed makes it surplus for me. I spun it up to verify function but never actually used it. I don't anticipate needing it so it can be available. I need to buy a new digital camera so pics are not available at this time.

Back