My shop addition and make over

I have also made some changes to my shop and mooved things around. I took some material fom a piece of stock and mooved it to the floor,from where I then pulled it together with a broom. I then redistributed to a collection bin via a collecting metal pan device. I am glad it worked out well and my feet are still intact. ;):laughing:

I was running out of storage tubes on my metal rack and I recently purchased more metal than I could organize on the rack so I added more tubes and some uprights for small sheet goods.
Before
KIMG0134.JPG
After
KIMG0431.JPG
Now to move the metal from the back of my pickup to the rack.
Metal is unloaded and sorted on rack. I still have a little space left.
KIMG0433.JPG

Last edited:
That rack is better then what I have but it looks a little shaky and too heavy. Maybe there is more to it then meets the eye. I like the idea though, it beats the heck out of the buckets stacked in the corner like I have.

Not shaky at all. If I was strong enough I could roll it around. When I moved it to make changes I had to unload about 200 lbs and use a pry bar to roll it away from the wall. The base is 3" channel and the uprights are 3" x 2" x 3/16 c tube.

I received a small 3 in one roller brake shear for Christmas last year. I built a stand on casters for it and added some length to the frame to mount my shop made press at the end. Not shown is the bottom shelf for sheet metal storage. When I built it I was concerned about it moving while in use, my floor is rough enough and the machine is heavy enough that it is not an issue. I have used it for a few projects and it suits my needs pretty well
.KIMG0243.JPG

Not shaky at all. If I was strong enough I could roll it around. When I moved it to make changes I had to unload about 200 lbs and use a pry bar to roll it away from the wall. The base is 3" channel and the uprights are 3" x 2" x 3/16 c tube.
I was just thinking the same thing. I just read your entire thread on rebuilding the shop, and when I look at that rack, I think top heavy.
Your transformation is great.

Back