My shop addition and make over

My neighbor across the road recently bought a 12 x 24 storage/work shed. He paid a guy to tear down and haul away the old one as was complaining he did not finish. There was some block, brick and this metal storage unit. I helped him out by loading it on my pickup and bringing it home.
Now I have organized storage for the short metal stock.
He and I are both happy.
KIMG0131.JPG

It worked good til about a month ago. I had to install some a/c. 8000 btu window unit for the hot afernoons. Just to the right of the workbench.
Jay
KIMG0060.JPG

I'm getting ready to run an air system in my shop but wanted to verify my compressor tanks are sound because they are both old.
I did a hydrostatic test on them today. I pressurized them to 280 psi. I run my air normally at 125psi so I should be good for a few more years. I am locating both compressors on a slab under a lean to behind my shop.
Jay
KIMG0138.JPGKIMG0139.JPGKIMG0136.JPG

I'm getting ready to run an air system in my shop but wanted to verify my compressor tanks are sound because they are both old.
I did a hydrostatic test on them today. I pressurized them to 280 psi. I run my air normally at 125psi so I should be good for a few more years. I am locating both compressors on a slab under a lean to behind my shop.
Jay
View attachment 330814View attachment 330815View attachment 330816

Smart, can't be too safe with compressed air. Fortunately those old tanks are built like, well, tanks :encourage:

John

I started on the compressed air system today. There will be two compressors feeding the system. Each compressor will have its own filter. I will install a check valve and ball valve for each compressor. I used 1" for the main riser then reduced to 3/4" for the main line that will have 1/2" drops coming off the main line, each drop will have a drain valve below it.
Let me know if you see a problem with my plan.
Thanks for looking,
Jay
KIMG0142.JPG

I started on the compressed air system today. There will be two compressors feeding the system. Each compressor will have its own filter. I will install a check valve and ball valve for each compressor. I used 1" for the main riser then reduced to 3/4" for the main line that will have 1/2" drops coming off the main line, each drop will have a drain valve below it.
Let me know if you see a problem with my plan.
Thanks for looking,
Jay
View attachment 331370
Nothing to add with regard to seeing a problem with your plan - it's essentially the same thing I did in my shop. You probably already know this, but I was advised when I built mine to make sure the lines come into your shop high and drain valves are below each outlet. Sounds like that's exactly what you're doing. Here in Madison, we have an issue with humidity, so that's an important consideration. Betcha the same is true in Thomaston.

Regards,
Terry

The humidity here is about the same as Madison. I read its best to put the filters as far as possible from the compressors but before the first drop. I'll have about 5 feet of line between the compressors and the filter. Maybe it will help.
Jay

Back