My shop addition and make over

The humidity here is about the same as Madison. I read its best to put the filters as far as possible from the compressors but before the first drop. I'll have about 5 feet of line between the compressors and the filter. Maybe it will help.
Jay
My compressor is outside under a shed on the right side of my shop. I have a large holding tank inside the shop on the far left - about fifty lineal feet from the compressor. All lines run up the right wall, across the beams, and down into the tank. There is a drain line with a ball valve coming out of the bottom of the holding tank. Compressed air comes out near the top of the tank, immediately into a filter, and then throughout the shop. I try to remember to purge the system every month. It's amazing how much water comes out the bottom of the compressor AND the drain line at the bottom of the holding tank. Filter changes occur about once every other month. You might need to change your filters more often. (I've been told holding tanks are very helpful in water separation. Compared to the system I had before, that seems to be the case.) Let me know if you'd like pictures of the way mine is set up.

Regards,
Terry

I started the slab pour today. It took 12 bags and I mixed it a mud pan 2 bags at a time. I'll remove the metal and pour the rest with concrete for pouring less than 2" thick.
Thanks for looking,
Jay
KIMG0145.JPG

I poured the thin part of the slab today and continued with the airline in the shop. I had to get a little creative to get the airline from the addition to the shop. I got 1 drop installed and the line extended to the other side. One more drop to a hose reel out front under the lean to and one on the inside at the front door.
Thanks for looking,
Jay
KIMG0147.JPGKIMG0149.JPGKIMG0150.JPGKIMG0151.JPG

I painted both of the compressor tanks and marked out the slab to drill the anchor bolts today. One step closer to having compressed air again.
Thanks for looking,
Jay
KIMG0155.JPG

I got both compressors put together ready to to be installed in their new home when I get it finished. The lean to is framed up and the roof on. I need to cover the walls and fan up some doors.
Thanks for looking,
Jay
KIMG0158.JPGKIMG0160.JPG

I was at another estate sale that had some metal with no price marked. I picked out some I wanted and asked for a price. The man in charge of the sale said he would like to sell me everything in the corner. I asked him how much. He said go take another look and come talk to me. We agreed on $125.00. While I was loading he was bringing other odds and ends from other areas of the garage and adding it to the corner. This is what I ended up with.
Jay

Attachments

• KIMG0402.JPG
    KIMG0402.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • KIMG0400.JPG
    KIMG0400.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • KIMG0399.JPG
    KIMG0399.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • KIMG0398.JPG