My shop addition and make over

I have had my tool box labeled for years and a lot of tools hanging on a pegboard. My problem has always been I may not get to spend time in the shop for weeks at a time other than run in and place something I just bought on the first open space i come to. Later on I'll need that tool or whatever and could not find it. This makeover has been good because everything has an area it belongs in. Also by reading what others have been using for storage here has made me rethink my storage organization. Once complete my shop will be insulated, organized and have a better flow for my use. The good thing about repurposing various cabinets and shelving is the minimum cost. Thanks to all on this forum for your ideas you have shared.
Jay

I repurposed a couple kitchen cabinets today. One for a grinder station and one for a drill station. Both are on casters. Now I can use my drill press again. Still need to build some drawers but that will have to wait a while.
KIMG1681.jpg
Thanks for looking.
Jay

This is the latest layout of my shop. The grinder table and drill press table are on wheels. The router table, chop saw, and planer store under the table when not in use so it becomes a 6x6 assembly table. The tire changing tool is easily removed so the workbench becomes the outfield table for the table saw.
20190611_093151.jpg

I loaded up a pickup load of junk to haul to the trash and moved some things around to relocate the lathe and metal storage close to where it will remain till the next makeover. I repurposed some metal pipe and racks to build a metal rack.
KIMG1688.jpg

I have been sorting through and organizing some more and realized I have a wall that wasn't being utilized to its maximum capacity. So I dug out some 1 1/2 angle and built some shelves to fit the space and provide the needed storage. Now I have to wait for the paint to dry before I can install the metal for the shelves.
The shelves will be 14 gauge sheet metal.
KIMG1695.jpg
Jay

The paint is not totally dry but I got some storage bins on it anyway and the floor jack underneath. Now to recruit some help to lower the a.c. welder to the top shelf.
KIMG1696.jpg

We have spreadsheet to track things.

We collect the pile at estate sale and when we sort it record in the everywhere we put things.

At 1000 lines now...

Also have departments so to speak for general things .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back