My shop toilet - Incinolet

samstu

Registered
Registered
Quick post regarding my shop toilet. I'm mostly posting this because my wife actually liked it and is happy to use it. Unlike my prior shops

Short background. I moved hobby shop for 2nd time in two years in 2017 from rented space to a building my wife and I purchased with 3 phase electric but no water or sewer.

After searching net, I purchased a used Incinolet toilet for $500. These stainless steel wonders incinerate the waste using an electric furnace and only require ashes to be dumped one or twice a year with my occasional use. I mostly use for number 2 but this toilet handles full liquids well too. The cool thing about these toilets is that they use a wax paper liner in the bowel which gets "flushed" with each use leaving a pristine stainless steel bowl. Much better than the usual shop toilet..... Which brings me back to my wife, she tried it a while back and said she was impressed. Now that's Hot Sh..!
!KIMG0824.JPGKIMG0825.JPG

Vents outside thru dryer vent. Also platinum pellets help absorb odors. Interestingly, it smells like candles to me from the wax paper and maybe a little like wood smoke. Not at all like what you are burning. The urine just comes off as steam.

Had those in the cranes I use to run years go. You always made sure the vent pipe was downwind of the cab after "flushing". We had problems with keeping them working right because nobody ever emptied the ash pan. Cranes ran 24/7 and some of the operators where "to good" to empty the pan. Said it should be a maintenance item done by the oilers.:rolleyes:

Mine uses no energy but limits time for meditation especially in inclement weather.
Dave
By the way I just learned about these a few weeks ago, bro in law looking at a tiny house and that appears to be a standard with at least one builder. Impressive.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The cool thing about these toilets is that they use a wax paper liner in the bowel
Sounds interesting. I suppose that would wipe your backside for you on the way out. Is the wax paper rolled up and inserted from the back, or do you have to swallow it?

I just pick a different tree on the perimeter of the shop each time. Nice way of telling the local fauna, "MY shop!".

WTMI! For me. I still make the walk to the house, main. 100ft away. LOL.
CH

Back