My Site

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
I will get it started:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com

H-M began as my own personal site. This site started out as a place where I could accumulate information for my own hobby needs and then use it when I needed it. You see, when I tried to ask questions in the South Bend forum of another site, I was ridiculed, abused, and quickly shown the door. So I went back there, and started telling people about this place. The abusive ones stayed, and continued to rag on me, some to this day, but many came here and contributed information to help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the same treatment at that site, but not as HSS. I even had one of their members send me a pm saying the moderator of that forum was later ragging on me. Never went back. I've been here ever since.

Patrick

NELSON we thank you for the past, present and future contributions you have made here. this is my "go-to" place and a couple times a day i hit the "new post" button. i could probably add more info in the form of what i have done but i would opt to read others posts. there is never a day goes by that i don't learn something new. the ability to add pictures here has been a major plus, and this site has attracted so many members, its hard to keep up.
I'm here for the long haul, as long as i can still see and use my fingers on the keyboard. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much! This is a GROUP effort. All I do is try to keep the software running.

A huge thanks to you, and all of our moderators! This is truly a FRIENDLY fourm. No garbage like the other guys.

Jake Parker

I give my thanks for your insight Nelson.
For myself machine and tool work as a hobby has been the best hobby by far. Rewarding into many other aspects of life itself.
Here on H-M I too find the atmosphere as a group contribution with
Informative, helpful and respectful knowledge free for the asking or the giving.

Here is to a fun new year in 2015 with lots of new projects and conversations :drink: :drink2:

Merry Christmas or Happy holidays

I too have been ridiculed and driven away from all those "other" popular sites. I even had one site tell me the project I was making was too complicated and I should stick to simpler things. Guess you know , I left there. I went back once and posted a photo of the steady rest they said I couldn't make.

I too started my own site for my projects so I could share them without ridicule, or insults as I had no where else to go and figured " let the interested come to me". Then I found this site and have been here everyday since. I have had most of the stuff from my site moved here for all to share. I still put my projects on my site, but I usually put them here first and use my own site for storage. This forum is the best place on the internet for the home machinist. He can get help and be treated with respect here and never ridiculed. I am thankful to have found this place.

Thank you Nels for starting it, :applause:

Mark Frazier

Mark,

Feel free to post the url if you want so we can visit you.

Thanks Nelson for all your work to get it going. Much appreciated. Yes! IT IS VERY FRIENDLY FORUM. Whenever I have time for some rest from my everyday chores I rush to open The Hobby Machinist Forum. Such a rewarding experience.
Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year. God bless!

Cheers,

Wes

Back