My Site

Well I've been here long enough to post my introduction post. What drew me here was looking at some Jet parts and found HB and reading the rules, I was convinced this was going to be a nice site to visit. Many Thanks.... :talktogod:

If you have to have an "ATTITUDE", why not have a good one. You know what they say about "birds of a feather". The plumage is much nicer here. Mike

I have been here for a while now. I tried a couple of other sites and definitely got the cold shoulder when asking questions, This one seems to try and make all welcome. This site is one that I learn something almost every day, and don't get ridiculed about the fact I have a mini lathe and mill. Right now that is all I need, and people understand that and help me figure out my problems.
For that and all the help I have received I say give a hand to this site, and all the moderators. But also to all the users that are willing to help each other even if it is not their normal area.

Again thanks to the site and the moderators for keeping it going.
KVT

I joined the forum to exchange information and ideas.
Not one man knows everything.
Insulting another because his of lack of understanding is childish at best.
Some find it easier, or more amusing, to cause problems rather than lend a hand or share their knowledge.
i find that to be the most disturbing.
I'm glad there is a comfortable place, like we have here, to enjoy and learn about machinery and machining!

Shortly before joining this group, I asked a question on another forum, about the date of manufacture of a Palmgren milling vise. Although I thought there was a large pool of knowledge on this other forum, the only replies I got were opinions that a Palmgren vise is a POS.
I don't mind a little ribbing, but it's very frustrating to be treated like a baffoon, for no reason, and I never got my question answered.
I've been reading where others had a similar experience.

So I would like to thank all the members for the respect that's given here.

Last edited:
Joined the forum a few years back and have really learned a lot from the folks on here. I spend time on it every day and have always been treated respectfully in spite of the fact I am not a professional and ask some dumb questions some time.

Thanks

Joined the forum a few years back and have really learned a lot from the folks on here. I spend time on it every day and have always been treated respectfully in spite of the fact I am not a professional and ask some dumb questions some time.

Thanks
There are no such things as dumb questions at least not in this trade . Those dumb questions save you time , money and possibly your well being on occasion . I stumbled upon an old cub cadet years and years ago . A 2072 SGT . I spent countless hours on the " Cub " website reading , asking questions and talking with those more experienced in them . It turned into my favorite pastime . I now spend my time searching for DOA cubbies !

Back