My son died of a heroin overdose.

Thanks for all the kind words and support. My wife has been really helpful in my grieving process.

I signed on for Saturday shifts at work so now I will be really busy.
Keeping busy will hopefully help to keep your mind off the pain you're going through, I'm sure your son would have wanted you to move on eventually .

Eric; I feel your pain, I lost my 19 year old only son to suicide after a battle with meth, he too was
in the clean up stage and decided to drink one nite, I guess the depression of cleaning up and alcohol depression
combined was too much for him and he shot himself, my broken heart and prayers go out to you .....

how incredibly and terribly sad. I am truly sorry for your loss. It will never go away but hopefully over time you can come to terms with it. Being busy helps give you time to do so, but don't keep it bottled inside either.

Eric; I feel your pain, I lost my 19 year old only son to suicide after a battle with meth, he too was
in the clean up stage and decided to drink one nite, I guess the depression of cleaning up and alcohol depression
combined was too much for him and he shot himself, my broken heart and prayers go out to you .....
So sorry.

Oh my goodness, that is particularly tragic. I’m so sorry that you had to go through that. What a nightmare that must have been. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I have had many doctors tell me that I should never drink or use any drugs (because I have been in rehab 3 times in my life).

I definitely never drink or use THC (now legal in CA). When I have a terrible argument with my wife, I will sometimes consider having a Guinness, but this situation with losing my son has turned me off of using intoxicants all the more.

I think that it would honor those who have been lost to drugs & alcohol if we work hard & be extra careful. I don’t think that anybody has ever gotten into trouble with safety and hard work!

So sorry, can't really think of anything to say besides what has been posted above.
As Savarin said, no parent should outlive their children, and that is what first came in to my mind when I read your post.

Condolences.

Erik - That is deep, deep hurt of a kind I cannot imagine!
So sorry man. Of course there are no words that can even begin to adequately describe this.
I did once have to start making final arrangements for my son, who in the end survived because of a 100% match stem cell transplant donation. I was near crying all the time! We were lucky!

What I can see is 58 posts from HM members who are with you. Count me No. 59!

Sending prayers for strength at this time of unimaginable loss

Back