My 'sort of' porta bandsaw 'stand

fretsman

Active User
Registered
Finally got around to actually sharing pictures of my HF bandsaw 'stand'. It's an aluminum plate fastened to a chunk of aluminum block which gets held in the vise. I added some extra parts and pieces to make up a so-so sort of adjustable stop. Works well and thought I'd share it for those who want a quick and dirty way of using the saw in this way. I made covers for the exposed blade for added safety.

S6300813.JPGS6300814.JPGS6300815.JPG

You know, most of those hand held band saw conversion jobs scare the bejeezus out of me, but your simple solution looks like a convenient and useful tool. Good on you!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Thanks folks, I appreciate that...it's a heck of a lot handier this way for me, and I thank all those who came before me to come up with great uses for these tools!

Finally got around to actually sharing pictures of my HF bandsaw 'stand'. It's an aluminum plate fastened to a chunk of aluminum block which gets held in the vise. I added some extra parts and pieces to make up a so-so sort of adjustable stop. Works well and thought I'd share it for those who want a quick and dirty way of using the saw in this way. I made covers for the exposed blade for added safety.

View attachment 271258View attachment 271259View attachment 271260

That is a neat adaptation of a portable bandsaw stand. That is as neat as my SWAG off road stand plus you are not tying up bench space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back