My Thoughts Make Me Throw Up

No worries, we have all done stupid stuff and most of us have kids and grandkids who do stupid stuff. Sometimes it is good to be reminded that no matter how dumb something you have done, someone else out there has done something dumber and there are all sorts of people out there who will say, "Hold my beer".

Hopefully the kids has learned his lesson and starts making wiser choices.

I think I know the story, If I remember right one of the boys muttered,(I feel sick) and it was about 25 years ago, not 12.
An I guess if you really think about what could have happened it does put a knot in the stomach, but not the throwing up type..

I remember that my wife had made me a nice scarf to wear when blowing snow with my Massey tractor with no cab, it was about 8" wide and 5 ft long so I could wrap it around my neck several times. I was about done blowing snow when the wind came up and was driving straight into one of these great North Dakota winter winds, I needed more scarf to wrap around my neck but couldn't find the end, so I stopped the tractor and the snowblower was still running, I looked behind me and the tail end of the scarf was flopping back and forth on the spinning PTO shaft. I quickly shut of the PTO,
and do remember looking up at the sky and saying out loud. Thank you for making this the luckiest day of my life... It is kinda tough to think about what would of happened when I really dwell on it..
So, thats all of the story, the only one that could kinda upset the stomach.
Thats about it.
Tim

Reactions: tjb
I think I know the story, If I remember right one of the boys muttered,(I feel sick) and it was about 25 years ago, not 12.
An I guess if you really think about what could have happened it does put a knot in the stomach, but not the throwing up type..

I remember that my wife had made me a nice scarf to wear when blowing snow with my Massey tractor with no cab, it was about 8" wide and 5 ft long so I could wrap it around my neck several times. I was about done blowing snow when the wind came up and was driving straight into one of these great North Dakota winter winds, I needed more scarf to wrap around my neck but couldn't find the end, so I stopped the tractor and the snowblower was still running, I looked behind me and the tail end of the scarf was flopping back and forth on the spinning PTO shaft. I quickly shut of the PTO,
and do remember looking up at the sky and saying out loud. Thank you for making this the luckiest day of my life... It is kinda tough to think about what would of happened when I really dwell on it..
So, thats all of the story, the only one that could kinda upset the stomach.
Thats about it.
Tim
Whoa!! That could have been ugly! What size Massey?

Whoa!! That could have been ugly! What size Massey?
Its a 1956, TO35, I still use it around the yard, but noticed it has a little knock on the top side , I believe its a lifter.
I bought a 4010 JD about a month ago, then realized the 7' blower that I used on the Massey Ferguson was to narrow, so had to go buy a 8' Farmking, its an older FarmKing but works well with the JD, I don't have to be scared of scratching it that's for sure.
Tim

Its a 1956, TO35, I still use it around the yard, but noticed it has a little knock on the top side , I believe its a lifter.
I bought a 4010 JD about a month ago, then realized the 7' blower that I used on the Massey Ferguson was to narrow, so had to go buy a 8' Farmking, its an older FarmKing but works well with the JD, I don't have to be scared of scratching it that's for sure.
Tim
That Massey is older than mine. In 1991, I bought a 1986 MF250 that had 396 hours on it. I still have that tractor, and I think it's the best small tractor ever built. For several years, we ran cattle on 121 acres and had to get larger tractors, but I still have that 250. It is now 33 years old and is all original - all the way down to the seat. Still only has about 1,200 hours on it, and runs great. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Terry

That Massey is older than mine. In 1991, I bought a 1986 MF250 that had 396 hours on it. I still have that tractor, and I think it's the best small tractor ever built. For several years, we ran cattle on 121 acres and had to get larger tractors, but I still have that 250. It is now 33 years old and is all original - all the way down to the seat. Still only has about 1,200 hours on it, and runs great. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Terry
Yep, Massey Ferguson made good tractors, Dad had a massey ferguson lawn tractor many years ago, and that thing
just wouldn't quit, Cant really remember for sure but I know it had over 5000 hours on it when he sold it and it looked run like a new one.. Dad was good at maintenance and taking care of eqt.
I like the older tractors, Its nice to work on them and not have to call out a technician to set the idle rpm or something simple for $300.
Have a Nice Day or Evening.
Tim

Reactions: tjb
Back