My time has come..........surgery

I am determined to give up my bike -----. I hope you will get well soon!

One of my knees took 2 months, the other 5 months. No idea why as they were both about the same going in.

Day +23 - Its been 3 weeks already. Leg gets better every day. I felt real good today then physical therapy kicked my butt. Last few times they put me on a bike for 10 minutes then the stretches and leg exercises. Today I walked on a treadmill for 10 minutes. They are trying to get a normal walking gait which I haven't had for a few years. Wish I would have started therapy before surgery to get a baseline of how little movement I had.

I gave up the cane about 5 days ago. Walking is easier with shoes and I have to concentrate to walk normal to not limp. Daughter had a softball tournament Sunday and I took the cane just in case but didn't use it. I got up and walked around about every inning.

I did get in the shop yesterday and cleaned a gun for a friend while setting on a stool. Feeling better is making setting around a challenge. Especially with the weather today (sunny and 71). Fighting the urge to get on the tractor and go look at the pasture but the left leg is the clutch leg and being a non hydraulic clutch, I'm not going to risk it. At least I can set outside and watch the kids play and enjoy the weather.

Hi.

So I have been to the doc today for my 1year checkup(tomorrow to the day),and all is well. My only issue still is the muscle pains especially when comimg upright after I bended over. So doc told me he had to stich the layers deeper as normal in my case to keep things in place,because my hip was not a normal hip replacement as in other cases becausese of my bike accident. The remedy.............ride that (stationary) bike like you stole it. At least for 5min a day at low resistance. That wil tear the scar tissue over time and my muscles pains wil be better.

So it is up to me to fix me. I work everyday in my little machine shop from home,but I must work on myself aswell,doesnt matter how tired I am at the end of the day. But I have never been known to give up so I will not start now.

I just wanted to thank every single member on here who supported me since the beginning and all the well wishes.

:danke:

Michael

I did my hip june 10. Bike therapy is the same for me. doc told me one year to heal. I will be doing a knee B4 then.

3 month checkup this week. Dr said come back if anything seems wrong and don't jog for exercise, which isn't a problem.

I'm glad I had this done. I still need to get more flexibility but I've got more than I had. No limp anymore. No pain. Friends tell me I seem taller and not all gimpy and hunched over looking. I've spent more time in the shop, can wrestle with the kids, and throwing a baseball doesn't mean I'll be hurting he next day.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement in this thread.

3 month checkup this week. Dr said come back if anything seems wrong and don't jog for exercise, which isn't a problem.

I'm glad I had this done. I still need to get more flexibility but I've got more than I had. No limp anymore. No pain. Friends tell me I seem taller and not all gimpy and hunched over looking. I've spent more time in the shop, can wrestle with the kids, and throwing a baseball doesn't mean I'll be hurting he next day.

Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement in this thread.
:cheer:

Back