My time has come..........surgery

Thoughts and prayers.
You got this.

Thanks Brian. Yes one thing I know is,if you want to walk, do what they say and put in the work. Back when my knee was still im very bad shape,I had to force myself to bend it again after it being straight for 8 weeks. I CAN tell you stories but I think you can imagine the hell I had to go through on top off learning to walk again. I know there will be pain involved but sadly that I am used to.

Thanks Brian. Yes one thing I know is,if you want to walk, do what they say and put in the work. Back when my knee was still im very bad shape,I had to force myself to bend it again after it being straight for 8 weeks. I CAN tell you stories but I think you can imagine the hell I had to go through on top off learning to walk again. I know there will be pain involved but sadly that I am used to.
Over the years I've had both knees replaced (damn bar stools), The first one was 18 years ago and was a bit more than I bargained for. Physical therapy was mandatory for 6 weeks. The goal was for the knee to flex enough to easily be able to ride a bicycle. I could do that, but still was in pain for another couple months after the surgery. It was bad enough that I even got a temporary disabled parking sticker, so I didn't have to walk 1/4 mile from the parking lot to the shop. In time everything straightened out, but little did I know I wasn't done yet.

Eight years later I had the second one done. I couldn't believe the difference. It was only a couple days, and I was easily walking with a cane. Within a week I was in rehab (the physical kind not the 12 steps). It only took a few sessions, and I was good to go. I could easily ride a bike and walk a mile or more with no pain. I'm not sure what changed in the process in the 8 years between the first and second go around, but obviously there were improvements in techniques. The only noticeable difference is there is a nearly invisible scar on the right knee where I was stitched back together, and a more noticeable scar on the left knee where I was glued back together.

It's serious stuff. I hope all goes well for you Michael.

Well I am here all boocked in and they checked the oil and kicked the tyres and now me and my best kept secret(my lovely wife)are waiting for the staff to come and wheel me off at about 13:30. I will let you know how it went.........that is when I feel myself again.

I just want to thank each and everyone of you for your well wishes. I realy appreciate your support.

:merci::danke:
:clapping:

AND A BIG
:you suck:
TO YOU ALL

Thanks H-M Members.
Michael

I hope the surgery has gone well Today , wishing you many years of pain free and active life.

Praying for uneventful recovery and complete healing.

Chuck

Michael,

I am sure that you will be recovered from this sooner than you think.
You'll be out buying more tools, and able to use them in your shop with much less pain.

........and then we can return the "You Suck" sign!

Hang in there buddy.
Brian

Back