My time has come..........surgery

Hi guys.

So after 13 years of walking with pain after my bike accident in 09', it is time for my total hip replacement at 45 on Monday 28November. Initially the docters told me I would be able to walk for 3 years after they patched me up and then I would have to get a hip replacement. Well I think they did a great job if I could go 10 years longer than expected. Currently it looks like a bicycle chain is holding everything together in there :D.

Well wish my luck guys.......if you want to that is;). Will only be back in my shop mid January 2023:(.

Thanks for viewing
Michael
You'll be fine.

Best wishes for a completely satisfactory and timely outcome.

Hi guys.

So after 13 years of walking with pain after my bike accident in 09', it is time for my total hip replacement at 45 on Monday 28November. Initially the docters told me I would be able to walk for 3 years after they patched me up and then I would have to get a hip replacement. Well I think they did a great job if I could go 10 years longer than expected. Currently it looks like a bicycle chain is holding everything together in there :D.

Well wish my luck guys.......if you want to that is;). Will only be back in my shop mid January 2023:(.

Thanks for viewing
Michael
I got the surgery back in June. I was really anti-climatic. You can be back in the shop in a few weeks if you want. I mean, I went home the same day.

Hi all.

Well I am bit more awake now and as you can probably tell I am out of surgery.

Don't have much pain........NOW.......but that is most likely frow all the gooooood stuff they give me. I think tomorrow will be a different story.

Thanks again for all my friends here at H-M,thank you for your thoughts and prayers. God bless each and everyone of you.

Will keep you updated.

Last edited:
Been there done that on both sides.
The amazing thing is you wake up from the surgery and the pain in the hip is GONE.
Now that's not to say that once the pain meds wear off there isn't a whole lot of other stuff that now hurts but that's short lived compared to the old Hip Pain.
I predict and recommend a whole lot of walking as soon as possible.
Push it but also be aware of your limitations.
Walking and doing the recommended exercises will get you back fast if you follow the plan.

A good friend of mine had that same surgery a couple of years ago at age 70 or 71. He has had no problems and has been pain-free from almost immediately after the surgery. You'll do great, Michael.

Regards

Good morning everyone.
Yes my surgery was done by a top Surgeon here in South Africa who does hip replacements using the AMIS method which makes recovery time much quicker and better. We atualy stumbled on him while looking for the right Dr. and God sent him to me. We only atualy found out about his excellent standing as a Dr. after me went for consultation. I will put the link down if someone wants to read about him and this method,he wrote it. It is not too long. There is a small section in Afrikaans which you can skip,but then again according to Charlize Theron only 44 of us are speaking it so don't worry. (According to me the remarks she made is the joke of the day.

Well now I am waiting for the physio people to come and toture me, just kidding,they are great people and I am glad they are there to help patients.

Speak to you soon.
Michael 2.0 .....out

Back