My tool room

"even if there is 104 years of wear experience on the ways." ;)

Very nice shop! I love all the pictures!

That one really caught my eye. I live about 40 miles North of Eau Claire, where apparently these were made.

Really neat collection of tools you have there!
A friend gave me the Keller in a swap for a casting tumbler I rebuilt; it's a great machine that only needed new bronze gibs and a better motor.
- James Huston

"even if there is 104 years of wear experience on the ways." ;)

Very nice shop! I love all the pictures!
You get it. I like to tell people that I don't know much about machining, but I have a lot of employees that do.
- James Huston

Thank you! I tried to only show the machines that are germain to machining, but the shop also includes a woodworking area full of equipment of similar age, and an extensive tool crib of handheld power tools; would anyone be interested in photos of that, too?
- James Huston

The lathe would seem to be a nearly exact copy of a Hendy Norton.

Thank you! I tried to only show the machines that are germain to machining, but the shop also includes a woodworking area full of equipment of similar age, and an extensive tool crib of handheld power tools; would anyone be interested in photos of that, too?
- James Huston

I got into machining to support my old woodworking machine habit. I would love to see pictures of your OWWM's too! :)

The lathe would seem to be a nearly exact copy of a Hendy Norton.
The Mulliner makes use of a few of Wendell Norton's patents, notably the QCGB and threading dial. It's not known what the relationship between the companies exactly was, but there is a strong Hendey flavor to the design and the build quality and finish of both machines are neck and neck.

- James Huston

Back