My Turn To Have A L@@K

I have been using an Optivisor with a #10 lens for decades and love the sharp image the glass lenses provide, and comfortable fit.

Like everything about old age it creeps up and is often so gradual. I first noticed not being able to see as good as I was used to when Tig welding. Ever since then I’ve just treated it as another tooling opportunity. I’ve not seen those goggles with the light, very cool. The combo of better lighting with a headlight and reading style glasses has just become standard for the last 10yrs with jewelers goggles for super fiddly stuff. My problem has been some kind of glasses that were easy to carry and put on and off as needed as keeping them in my shirt pocket sux. They were always falling out and generally a mess. Since I’ve found these magnetic Click glasses life it good. They stay on when I’m working on a car or welding and don’t shift on my head and when I don’t need them they are on my neck out of the way. The only time they have not been optimal was after using the wire wheel and getting a wire stuck on the magnet and go to put them on and poke the bridge of my nose.

Attachments

• 9C7971DE-ACA0-4671-BA01-173B9FF65D06.jpeg
    9C7971DE-ACA0-4671-BA01-173B9FF65D06.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 6
I've wanted a pair of these for some time, but just can't justify the expense. My dentist and his staff all have similar models. The advantage is you can choose the proper working distance independent of magnification. (I have an eye loupe that works for high mag, but the focal length is about 3"--definitely not good for whirring machinery)
1591236832667.png

The Harbor Freight visors are nothing special, but they do work, and are dirt cheap. For once in a while use they are fine, even for us old geezers who are going blind little by little.

Back