My version of Machinery Moving Skates

Inflight

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
In the next couple of months, I'm planning on moving out of state and will need to move all my machinery. So I decided I needed a set of machinery moving skates. Looking around my scrap bin and buying a few items, I came up with four of these. And, here's a link to my build video.

Matt

SCREENSHOT8967-11-27-12h22m08s819.jpgSCREENSHOT0135-12-30-22h41m20s066.jpg

Nice job, but it seems it would have been faster to do multiple operations on each piece/end while you had it in the chuck, i.e. face, center drill, turn diameter, cut for cir-clip, etc.. Do you have multiple tool holders? Mike

Mike,
It might be faster, but this method required very little thinking :). The slow part was the collet closer. I should have used a power drill rather than the chuck wrench to open/close the collets.

Matt

Good job , you may want a piece of rubber on the block of wood . It helps to stop slip in my opinion.

production methodology actually takes less "thinking" you just need to have all your steps planned out.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing your video.

I hope your new shop is a little bigger, you seem kinda tight in the current one.

-brino

You need to keep your hand on chuck wrench if it is in the chuck. Walking away leaving the wrench in the chuck is dangerous. I Know, I know, it was just for a second...

I hope your new shop is a little bigger, you seem kinda tight in the current one.

I'm searching for a property with a shop at least 10 times larger than I currently occupy.

Walking away leaving the wrench in the chuck is dangerous
I probably do lots of dangerous stuff and I'm too old to change my ways :grin:

Matt

Back