My week this week, my workshop videos.

The big "use it or get rid" continues. The final clearout is nigh! an accumulation of may years of "that will be usefull" collecting is finally ended when I realise that it wasn't! To be fair, a lot of this is left over from our auction visiting days, when the auctioneer would look at us and offer us "something mechanical" for 50p or a pound! We did use or resell an enomous amount, this is just the dregs, and a lot of it has a date with the scrap man en route to a chinese melting pot! It will be back before you know it, or else maybe blocking a canal somewhere on its way back!
Phil, Raining again!East Yorkshire

The big "use it or get rid" continues. The final clearout is nigh! an accumulation of may years of "that will be usefull" collecting is finally ended when I realise that it wasn't! To be fair, a lot of this is left over from our auction visiting days, when the auctioneer would look at us and offer us "something mechanical" for 50p or a pound! We did use or resell an enomous amount, this is just the dregs, and a lot of it has a date with the scrap man en route to a chinese melting pot! It will be back before you know it, or else maybe blocking a canal somewhere on its way back!
Phil, Raining again!East Yorkshire

sorry mods, double posted and can't find the delete function, can you sort it please?
Phil

At last the Toro project draws to a close, the bonnet goes back on, and the grass deck is refitted, I simplify the new belt fitting problem, and cogitation takes place over a mechanism to operate the existing belt pulleys as a jockey wheel to turn the drive on and off, and then from out of the ether, Inspiration! Enjoy! Phil In High humidity, early monsoon, East Yorkshire

Another two days tidying up, but first a trip to the scrapyard for a weigh in, and the to fix my Mondeo door mirror, which fell out after standing all day in the sun, I had to make a new backplate because when I replaced it previously I tried to remove the broken mirror, and ended up damaging the backplate. It was.......challenging! If you break yours, stick the new one over it!!
Phil, The rain has got warmer in East Yorkshire

Hi all, I was ill Monday/Tuesday with post covid jab flu, so it is a short week this week! Managed to get the jockey pulley mechanism built and working, as usual there were interruptions, and little jobs to fit in between, but I just have a handle to fit to the top of the operating arm, and a gate for the lever, and tis done! I also fail miserably at mig weld filming!, I will go back to the old method, which worked well!
Phil, enduring the late spring hail and ice storms in East Yorkshire

I get the jockey pulley mechanism for the grass deck drive finshed, and really that is the end of the Toro project, apart from paint, alternator bearings, and an annoying oil leak from the sump plug, Will this project never end! Then on Wednesday, Andy comes over fot the day and we start the "antique" trycicle build! Curioser and curioser!!
Phil, The rain has got colder in East Yorkshire

I get the trycicle forks Tigged up, but not without problems, the metal is very dirty, and also I didnt notice that the argon was running low, so that probably didn't help, but I could see black nasties bubbling out of the old forgings, not surprising, but we persevered and got there in the end, and then back to the tidy up, which is going really well and will soon be finished, Once I have filtered out the sdrap, and the rubbish, it is on to selling of what I don't need! Phil, bathed in sunshine in East Yorkshire!

Back