My week this week, my workshop videos.

Hi Guys, part 3 of the workshop rebuild series, actually in the workshop itself. Still quite intensive, but not as difficult or time consuming as the Church lane end. Enjoy, like, subscribe, and be amazed that I actually completed it without having a complete meltdown!!

Phil, another great bunch of progress.
Congratulations!
-brino

Thanks Brino, it all makes a lot more sense if you watch the workshop tour video (which you probably have) but you can see the work that has been completed, and apart from some mods and fine tuning, it is alll working very well! Thanks for your comments, just passed 100 subs, and have stayed there this time! If you look at the pic below, and refer to the last few pics in the slideshow, all the buildings on the left have been demolished, apart from the furthest, but the telephone pole is still in the same place. The brick wall beyond the wall I repaired was the back wall of these buildings. Pic below taken sometime in the 1920's or maybe a bit later.
Phil
East Yorkshire

langtoft!.jpg

Hi Chaps, having mainly recovered from my Lurgi, I am back at work on "light duties" so in the last couple of days, I have been building the new straight flue to try and cure the forge smoking problem. I have built a coupler/ hinge to join the new flue to the old one, and to install and maintain the flue extractor, and so that I can lower the flue in windy weather, as we do get a lot of wind in winter and early spring. There is also a slideshow of rebuilding and upgrading my BEN patents air compressor. Like, comment, subscribe if you want, but above all, Enjoy!!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Hi chaps, got the flue finished and put up this week, and also included my ride home over the Yorkshire wolds, like, subscribe, and enjoy!
Phil
East Yorkshire.

Hi Phil

I found it interesting to see your country side, trees and birds....as well as your chimney project.
Thanks for sharing.

Do you have a cap that will go on when it's in the "storm" position?

I can certainly see why that section of road would be impassable, there's nothing to stop the snow drifting!

-brino

Hi Brino, the countryside is in midwinter mode, so not all that interesting, I will do another in summer!. At the moment, the storm cap is a small stone slab, but there will be one that fixes to the pin and is curved to cover the open flue.
It is always drifting snow that blocks our roads, when we get snow at all. We used to get low pressure areas over northern europe which would funnel the wind from the steppes of Russia, over Scandinavia, and dump it all down the east coast of the UK. We used to get a bitingly cold noreaster come in, quickly followed by up to three weeks of snow, but that largely no longer happens, as the low pressure areas now seem to form in the north atlantic towards Greenland, and pile all the bad weather on to the west coast. They are down for snow and ice for the next three days, but it looks like the eastern side of the country will be OK. We have had storm Ciara come in over the west coast today with lots of trees down, high winds, and sheets of rain around midday, but it is quiet at the moment.
Phil

We are now tightening out belts and braces, and getting ready for storm Dennis, due to hit the west coast of the UK friday night and looks to be at its worst Saturday midday, when I am supposed to be at Sheffield Uni with wife and daughter for the interview and open day. From the looks of the weather chart we won't be going!!
Phil

Well here is an odd offering! have only been to the shop one day this week, as the weather has been very bad, and I am still a bit under it! Here is a job I did a few years ago on a Citroen 2cv, rebuilding the back end with new inner wings and boot floor. Beware of these cars! If you ever drive one, you will want one! They are so much fun, and dead easy to mend, but the downside is, they ROT! Not at all the car I would ever thought I would enjoy driving, just goes to show that performance isn't everything. Like comment subscribe, enjoy!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Wow Phil, You put in more than a few hours there!

My favourite bit (picture and quote):
1581703990909.png

Made me LoL!
I guess I have never owned a car that I felt was worth that kind of effort and cost to replace sooo much of the body.

Of course, I cannot even fit a vehicle into my 2-car garage workshop now.....

Thanks for sharing that.
-brino

Back