My week this week, my workshop videos.

".....the first thing we'll do is damage that screw"

LOL! :grin big:

What bird is that from about 12:03 to 13:00?
It reminds me of a cardinal here....

That Stihl looks like it doesn't have any plastic bits on it. How old is it?
My ~20 year old Stihl model 029 has a lot of plastic covers, but they are holding up very well.

I appreciate that you included the the mis-assembly too.

Thanks for sharing this!
-brino
To my eternal embarrasment Brino, my cousin tells me it is a blackbird, one of the most common British birds! The conversation we had this morning was
Keith (my cousin) "Don't you recognise bird song"
Me "Yes mate, they all go TWEET"
Phil

Week 2 of lockdown comes to an end, already it feels longer! My capacitance meter shows me what a plonker I am, we discuss masks, some say I should always wear one, not my wife you understand, she wears glasses!, but I have noticed she takes them off when I enter the room........ And the drive to work " ower't waaard tops tha knaws" the other way with wind turbines What thrills, I almost woke up! semd me a like, subscribe, comment,enjoy, stay home, stay safe, and WASH YER HANDS!!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Week 3 of lockdown, I have not been to the workshop at all, may go next week, see how it goes. This is a little look round our back garden showing my rustic brickwork and a garden tour narrated by my eldest daughter,Izzy, including a brief glimpse of Catherine, my wife, and Emily, my youngest, brief because they refused to be filmed!. Warning, contains gratuitous pressure washer action! Phil East Yorkshire

End of week 4 of lockdown, I havent been to the workshop, but needed to go today, so I did some little jobs and shot this while I was there Hope you enjoy it! Like, comment, subscribe, but above all stay well, stay indoors, because the more we do it, the sooner it will be over!
Phil
Warm and sunny East Yorkshire

Week 5 draws to a close, and I have not been to the workshop, so here is a tale of the problems I am having finding the fault on the TIG, problems caused in part by the inadequate "schematic", a poor excuse for a wiring diagram

Week 6 of lockdown, and I am going back to work next week! Some really nice junk comes my way, and I begin to understand the cryptic Schematic! Excuse the HH camera work Like, enjoy, subscribe, stay safe people! Phil

Week 2 of lockdown comes to an end, already it feels longer! My capacitance meter shows me what a plonker I am, we discuss masks, some say I should always wear one, not my wife you understand, she wears glasses!, but I have noticed she takes them off when I enter the room........ And the drive to work " ower't waaard tops tha knaws" the other way with wind turbines What thrills, I almost woke up! semd me a like, subscribe, comment,enjoy, stay home, stay safe, and WASH YER HANDS!!
Phil
East Yorkshire

The capacitor could still be at fault. It could be arcing over under high voltage conditions. I would test by substituting the new capacitor.

Electrolytic capacitors often have a +/- 20% rating. The circuits that they are used in are seldom critical for capacitance.

I enjoyed the drive though the Yorkshire countryside. My wife is from the Midlands and I like all the drives we have done on the past visits but I am still working at getting my bearings.

End of week 4 of lockdown, I havent been to the workshop, but needed to go today, so I did some little jobs and shot this while I was there Hope you enjoy it! Like, comment, subscribe, but above all stay well, stay indoors, because the more we do it, the sooner it will be over!
Phil
Warm and sunny East Yorkshire
I don't wear the masks with the valve because the valve doesn't prevent droplets from being spread through the valve on exhale. The mask is designed to protect the wearer while making breathing easier. Stay safe!

The capacitor could still be at fault. It could be arcing over under high voltage conditions. I would test by substituting the new capacitor.

Electrolytic capacitors often have a +/- 20% rating. The circuits that they are used in are seldom critical for capacitance.

I enjoyed the drive though the Yorkshire countryside. My wife is from the Midlands and I like all the drives we have done on the past visits but I am still working at getting my bearings.
Yes, I agree, and that is exactly what I am going to do! However, I have found other faults in the HF circuit as well, so if I put it back together electrically, and test with the case off, I will be able to see if the relay is still arcing as well. Thinking on, I may have a replacement relay in my stores, it is a very common type, depends on the coil voltage! Thanks for commenting!
Phil
East Yorkshire

I don't wear the masks with the valve because the valve doesn't prevent droplets from being spread through the valve on exhale. The mask is designed to protect the wearer while making breathing easier. Stay safe!

We have three types in the UK, FFP1 FFP2 and FFP3(you probably have the same?) . FFP!, is usually the type without the valve, and they only provide very limited protection to the wearer against airborne droplets, FFP2, with the valve, provide 80% reduction in airborne droplets to the user, and FFP3 95% protection to the user. I am using FFP2, as it is all I have. I agree that droplets can escape the valve, but there is a certain amount of protection provided to others, and a good amount of protection provided to me! It is not perfect, but what is. So far, so good,
Keep well yerself!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Back