My week this week, my workshop videos.

I have one FFP1 mask and it has a valve. A number of years ago, I picked up a couple of boxes of N95 masks. The FFP1 mask is CE marked and the N95 masks are US made and not CE marked. This particular N95 mask doesn't have the exhale valve and is what we wear if/when we go out and about.
The interesting thing that I learned about the N95 masks is that apparently they all incorporate an electrostatically charged layer which permits particulate capture without impacting respiration.

We reuse the masks but isolate them for several weeks between uses.

I put my used masks in a net bag and tumble dry them on a hot setting, the net bag stops the rubber straps from being damaged, they are certainly toasty when the come out!
Phil

Not much to tell chaps, But the TIG is fixed, I will get some vid of it working next week. still coughing, but otherwide fine, and I am going back to work on Monday because work is piling up and I am sick of watching youtube videos and playing halflife online! Bastards of Halflife rocks!! Like, subscribe, comment Stay safe and well! Phil

Back to work, only half days for the present, but two interesting repairs, and more progress on a longer term project, the Socome Mig welder, enjoy, subscribe, like comment, staying in watching my videos and subscribing help to prevent virus transmission!!
Stay safe people!
Phil, East Yorkshire

This week I advance several tech levels, The mig welder works, the wheelhorse gets started again, and I finally get my tap plumbed in by the front door, and fix a pressure washer! Enjoy! I did!! like, subscribe and make nice positive comments...........or not
Phil
Sunny and hot in East Yorkshire!

This week I rebuild the wire feed tensioner on the Socome mig welder, and fit the Eurotorch conversion kit I got from Techarc. Unfortunately the bearings which I need for it did not come till late Friday, so I will be fitting them and testing the welder next week. It worked out very well! please subscribe, like, comment and enjoy!
Phil. Very hot in East Yorkshire!

This week I finish the wire feed, test the welder, remove, repair and refit the lid, discover a problem on the Colchester, and we are nearly ready for paint! I bought a MT3 test bar from RDG, which came Friday, no casters yet, but I hope they will come over the weekend, Like, comment, and please subscribe, but above all, enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!
Phil, Steamy and damp East Yorkshire!

This week I get the welder on its roof, remove several hundredweight of metal and three huge cast wheels, and fit some new swivel castors, and a new bottle shelf, several late starts this week, but by Friday, it was back on its new wheels! Enjoy, like subscribe, comment, but above all wear a mask and stay safe!
Phil, East Yorkshire in the Monsoon!

Hi All,
This week Workshop becomes paintshop as I spray the welder and the Jones and Shipman bench centres, and I get them both finished, and check out the RDG lathe test bar Enjoy. like and subscribe! it has been a good week, on Wednesday I thought it was Tuesday, and I spent most of Thursday dozing in the Car park at HRI while Cath had a chest Xray and tests before getting the all clear! Life goes on!
Phil, Dripping East Yorkshire

Hi all,
This week I get the test bar into the colchester lathe to check the headstock alignment, and also check the Covmac lathe. Some finishing off on the Socome welder, and then onto the Toro wheelhors tractor to continue the new transmission set up, , Friday afternoon, went to help Keith do a tip run and didn't get home till 8-00, hence this video being uploaded on Saturday! I'll explain the disaster next week!
Phil, Scorching East Yorkshire!

Back