My Wife’s 65th, reality can wait.

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I’m sitting on this couch, watching the Wales go by. I know they are Wales because of the, ”blows”. The sea lions are playing in the surf. I just poured a Jamison’s for my wife and I.
We are North of Fort Bragg, Ca. My wife is a retired teacher, she worked with a gal at Chico State and became friends. Her long time friend offered their ocean home to us any time we wanted to get away. This is one of three homes. We are truly blessed!
This family home we are staying in is right on the ocean. It’s a beautiful, five bedroom home with four bathrooms and two master sweets.
Got to be 4,500 square feet. Fifteen foot ceilings etc.
After watching the Governor’s speech yesterday we went out to buy some provisions before the hoard. Too late.
I go back to work on Wednesday, meanwhile....... We love the ocean. This place is amazing.
Back to reality tomorrow. Meanwhile, take care my friends.

Attachments

• 0BAA41B6-9906-422B-BEF0-74DE7B7FE189.jpeg
    0BAA41B6-9906-422B-BEF0-74DE7B7FE189.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 03B75AA9-9992-4B9B-9B57-20E190850F23.jpeg
    03B75AA9-9992-4B9B-9B57-20E190850F23.jpeg
    587.1 KB · Views: 24
  • CE1330F3-CFBA-493C-9F09-7D1BB6332832.jpeg
    CE1330F3-CFBA-493C-9F09-7D1BB6332832.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 24
  • E85D7981-B8B1-47B8-B950-33E46E006BE4.jpeg
    E85D7981-B8B1-47B8-B950-33E46E006BE4.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
C'mon, Jeff, she could not possibly be 65. She looks and carries herself at least 10 years younger than that. Tell her I said she is lying about her age to get her social security earlier... ;)

I live a bit over an hour from Mendocino / Ft Bragg and love that part of the coast. Occasionally I dream of having an ocean view, but then I look at the effect that ocean air has on the homes, cars etc. If you are having similar thoughts think about what that ocean air would do to machinery in the shop. o_O

It is great to visit but I'll stick to my hour-ish drive and largely rust free environment.

We've just been notified that the local schools have been closed through Spring break (3-4 weeks). My youngest managed to get sick on the first day of no school, but when he gets better, no school sounds like a good excuse to take him out to the coast.

Sure rub it in while I languish in Northern Ontario, snow and 32F

I live a bit over an hour from Mendocino / Ft Bragg and love that part of the coast. Occasionally I dream of having an ocean view, but then I look at the effect that ocean air has on the homes, cars etc. If you are having similar thoughts think about what that ocean air would do to machinery in the shop. o_O

It is great to visit but I'll stick to my hour-ish drive and largely rust free environment.

We've just been notified that the local schools have been closed through Spring break (3-4 weeks). My youngest managed to get sick on the first day of no school, but when he gets better, no school sounds like a good excuse to take him out to the coast.
Aaron,
My son is a teacher for Chico Day School in Chico, Ca.
He was told the school is closed for the remainder of the term.
Back in September.

Aaron,
My son is a teacher for Chico Day School in Chico, Ca.
He was told the school is closed for the remainder of the term.
Back in September.

There haven't been any official announcements, but that is the rumor here as well. Online and take home kindergarten is kind of silly since the main point is social interaction with the kids and adults who aren't their parents. I'm worried this will impact his schooling for years to come.

My TIG welding class at the college has also gone online which is pretty pointless. The main thing about taking a welding class is the hands on with the various tools, and direct instructor interaction. I'm probably going to drop and retake it at another time, I can watch youtube videos and practice at home on my own machine for free at my own pace.

Sounds like you had a nice getaway though. Last October my wife went to her sisters wedding in Texas. When I picked her up at the airport we took the 1 all the way from SF to Mendocino before turning inland to home, took about twice as long as the 101 but a lovely drive.

Back