My workshop

Wookie101

Registered
Registered
Hi guys, pretty new here so thought I would share some pics of my humble set up and introduce myself at the same time. Learnt my practical skills during my apprenticeship with Rolls Royce in the UK. No longer work in a machine shop, but just love being out the man cave making something useful and pottering about.
So we have a recently restored Myford Super 7 that double up as a light milling machine from time to time, a soon to be restored Fobco Star bench drill, which is working fine but needs a repaint etc. Plus more hand tools and material stock than I am prepared to admit to :p

Cheers
Phil

IMG_3738.JPG

IMG_3740.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

Welcome to the Forum. Your shop looks great. Looking forward to seeing some of the things that you are making.

Welcome! You're probably going to get comments about your shop looking too clean, so I'll be first to chime in!

Best regards, Bruce

Thanks guys. Ha I knew someone would comment on the cleanliness. I’m a total nut about things being tidy or looking as good as they can, even machines. Trust me I do use them and produce copious amounts of swarf, but enjoy keeping it all ship shape too.

Welcome aboard, and that is a nice space you have. As far as keeping things tidy, I think most of us try, but some fair better than others. Cheers, Mike

Nice Myford too -- I love the looks of those machines! There's one here just came up on the classified listings -- $3500 -- ouch!

-frank

Yeah they are a bit over priced sadly. Good machine, but way too much £££.
$3500 is about right though for a late/excellent condition model I’d say. Guessing rarity comes into play in N.America too though.

Nice clean shop. I like your lathe!
Welcome.

Back