• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Myford Clone

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

safetgord

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Check out my Myford Clone lathe that came with Faceplate, 3 and 4 jaw, fixed and travel rests and an extra set of change gears for cuting threads which include the metric set :) Works awesome!

HPIM1996.JPG

jumps4

Global Moderator
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
that looks really nice, did you get a fair deal on it?
steve

12bolts

Global Moderator
Staff member
Thats a nice score.
We look forward to seeing some chips flying. Preferably in full colour:)....or even in avi!:))

Cheers Phil

November X-ray

Active User
Thats a nice looking lathe! Is that a factory tumbler reverse lever I see?

Old Iron

Active User
Nice Lathe and it looks like you got enough tooling to do what you need.

Paul

safetgord

that looks really nice, did you get a fair deal on it?
steve
I picked it up in Hamilton Ontario from a high school shop teacher three years ago for $350 cad. I guess you could say i stole it :) I had an old New Hudson lathe made in NY before this one and before that had a 1913 Seneca Falls lathe. I moved and the Seneca was too big for my shop so I sold it and a #2 Van Norman mill for $1500. I wish I still had them both. This Myford Clone has made a lot of chips this year as i used it to machine parts for a couple of reciprocating hacksaws that a friend from Florida designed and we built them in August. I'll post some pictures.

Zimbohere

Swarf
Registered Member
Hi, I have the same lathe, 7x20"
I was thinking of getting the 127 tooth gear to cut metric threads as am starting to cut quiet a few. Do you have that setup?
Cheers,
Zee

markba633csi

Hi, what is that lathe called? Where is it made?
Mark S.

MozamPete

Looks like a Colt. They were clones that came out of China - pretty good clones from what I've heard. I stumbled across one very similar in New Zealand so they obviously got around.

clivel

Swarf
Registered Member
Check out my Myford Clone lathe that came with Faceplate, 3 and 4 jaw, fixed and travel rests and an extra set of change gears for cuting threads which include the metric set :) Works awesome!
Lathes UK has a section on Myford clones http://www.lathes.co.uk/myford-copies. Scroll down for a picture of a "Colt" lathe which looks identical to yours. In fact, the picture looks so much like yours, that if it wasn't for the fact that yours has a black and yellow belt change chart, and the one on the Lathes UK has a black and white chart, I would have thought that is is an actual photo of your lathe.
Clive

rcflier

Here is a Myford thread cutting chart:

Screwcut.jpg

Sorry, but the forum scales it down.
The original is more than 3000 pixels wide.
Write me, if you want the original file.

Cheers
Erik

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]