Mysterious Milling Machine

Now knowing what it is (thanks b100) I think it's kinda cool , But like terrywerm says It all depends what you want to do with it , It's not a Bridgeport . I really like the fact that you can move the head and it has a R8 quill . How much does the guy want for it ? Also the fact that it is Taiwan made is a plus , I think .

Last edited:
I also do not know anything about this machine. I would ask what type of taper is in the quill and whether the quill has a drawbar. If it is based on a drill press head, it may have MT2 or MT3 and no drawbar which would be fine for drilling, but I would not want to do any milling without a drawbar.

I have a little mill drill (round column) with an MT taper that does use a drawbar. I put an MT/ER25 collet chuck in it and that's the way its always used now. Makes a great little XY drilling machine. Guy selling it advertised it as a drill press and accept my first offer. A gibb adjusting screw was missing. Took me about 20-30 minutes to make one for it.

I like the way the head moves. Much better than a round column. If its get a fine feed it might be an ok tool to get you by until something better comes along... if the price is right.

If you can get it for $500 you can very likely get your money back out of it down the road.

It's advertised for $750. I was just guessing someone could wave five $100 bills around and he'd take it.

In that second photo I put in the OP above, what is the crank on the left side for? Is that a fine feed? (may be a dumb question, I'm pretty ignorant about mills :confused: )

In that second photo I put in the OP above, what is the crank on the left side for? Is that a fine feed? (may be a dumb question, I'm pretty ignorant about mills :confused: )

The crank on the left is to move the head up/down. There seems to be two nuts or bolts on the right to lock the gib which locks the head in place.

An earlier post mentioned this may not have fine feed on the head. Hard to tell without having the machine in front of you.

If I did not have my G0704 I would give 500 for it. Looks much more ridged that most bench tops that size

Looks like a mini Jig Borer, I'd grab it for $500, wish it wasn't 2500 miles away.

Back