Mystery horizontal mill

I don't know the maker, but I think they call those a universal(?) type because of the pivot at the table.

Huh, I was driving around 695 about 2 hours ago on my way to the in-laws.

Where do you live? I am in Arnold but work across from the aquarium in Baltimore.

I was just watching some of your videos on Youtube. Nice work! I like the horizontal mills for some unknown reason. Would love to meet up some time if you aren't too far away.

I think ThunderDog might have touched on this...I see X axis wheel and Y axis wheel, what is the 3rd diagonal wheel's purpose?

Wouldn't the 3rd diagonal wheel be the Z axis wheel? I think the rotatary indexing table is interesting.

@Silverbullet
Glad to see you back.
-brino
When I first saw the post about paying to help the forum I wrote Nelson about my money trouble. He sent back he didn't expect me to pay. Then awhile went by and all of a sudden I was blocked unless I paid . So imagine how I felt , I'm not going to be on much once a week or two. I only came on to offer help to others , the only thing I've ever asked for was a minute of prayer. I've spent hours praying for others on here. So take it anyway you like I was wronged it'll take awhile to get over it.

OK, I will probably be going on Sunday to look at this mystery machine. Looking at the pictures again and IMing with the owner, I note the following:
1. The arbor (unknown size at this point) goes all the way through, so there is no provision for collets or end mill holders. There is no way to add a screw-on adapter, like I can get for using on my lathe from mymachineshop.net. How would I address that?
2. The table looks pretty darn rusty and looks like more than surface rust.
3. There are no drive pulleys or motor.

I don't mind a project, that is part of the fun of something like this. Considering that I could buy a complete Atlas horizontal with some tooling for $750, what would you pay for this machine? He is asking $600 obo. I'm not sure I could see paying more than $200 to $250.

Input appreciated.

Back