Mystery Power Hacksaw Parts

Susan_in_SF

Wood and Metal Goddess
Registered
Hi Guys,
I recently picked up an old little Craftsman power hacksaw (108.1502). It's a little rusty, but I suspect it may have never been used. Anyways, there are these 2 2-pronged things that were zip tied to the saw that I cannot figite out what they are meant for. They look like I asked the person who sold it to me, and the older man just had no clue.
Below are pics I took of the saw with the 2 zip tied items, along with a brochure for the saw. In the brochure, and in pics of the same model, I don't see the items in question. However, I can't help but think these are original parts from the manufacturer since it is the same color as the saw.
Any friendly input is greatly appreciated.
Susan
20210526_212405.jpg20210526_212433.jpg20210526_213446.jpgScreenshot_2021-05-28-15-43-13.png

Hi Susan,

I don't think we've heard from you in a while.
I am glad to know you're not trapped under an avalanche of all the equipment you've been collecting!

Only a guess, but perhaps some sort of brackets for a motor mount or speed-reduction jack-shaft?

-brino

How many companies would think of an accessory to save you having to buy a motor for every piece of equipment nowdays? That's pretty cool.

Thanks for solving this mystery. At least nw I can feel OK with separating the motor rails from the hacksaw

How many companies would think of an accessory to save you having to buy a motor for every piece of equipment nowdays? That's pretty cool.
I think today's equivalent are kits of battery operated tools with 1 shared battery.

Attachments

• OneBatteryKit.PNG
    OneBatteryKit.PNG
    204.2 KB · Views: 17
Did you get the rail as well as the clips? It's probably still bolted to the original motor, wherever that may be.

They are actually an effective and adjustable way to mount a small motor in some settings, whether you plan to move it from one machine to another or not. I like the battery analogy - small motors were new and costly gadgets when these rails were introduced.

Did you get the rail as well as the clips? It's probably still bolted to the original motor, wherever that may be.

They are actually an effective and adjustable way to mount a small motor in some settings, whether you plan to move it from one machine to another or not. I like the battery analogy - small motors were new and costly gadgets when these rails were introduced.
Sorry, no clips came with it.

Actually, I am seriously considering selling this little power hacksaw. Ideally, I really would love to restore this, but I have to face the fact that my space is super limited, and I already have another power hacksaw that has cast iron legs.

I just bought this because it was a steal of a price (I can't resist buying vintage equipment at bargain prices). If I could join a tool hoarders group, I would, lol.

Back