Nasty crash, not for the squeemish.

HSS

Active User
Registered
If you are moving a heavy toolbox, check the wheels and framework for overloading. The wheels can fold under and spill everything.

Toolbox accident.JPG toolbox crash.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen that happen a time or two. It pays to shut and latch or lock the drawers when moving a rollaway. That way you at least don't have to gather the scattered tools.

"Well, that old cabinet needed cleaning out and reorganizing anyway..." ;D ;D ;D

- Arved

Thanks Pete, but that isn't my tool box but a friends, and his precision instruments was among the carnage. When the guys leave work it's understood that they lock their toolboxes. If, for some reason they neglect locking up, there is a shop buzzard that will poop in all of the drawers and the top, and the buzzard poops swarf. Sometimes steel swarf but sometimes brass swarf. You don't want to get brass poop in your toolbox, because you can't clean that up with a magnet. LOL

HSS link=topic=762.msg4248#msg4248 date=1297296704 said:
Thanks Pete, but that isn't my tool box but a friends, and his precision instruments was among the carnage. When the guys leave work it's understood that they lock their toolboxes. If, for some reason they neglect locking up, there is a shop buzzard that will poop in all of the drawers and the top, and the buzzard poops swarf. Sometimes steel swarf but sometimes brass swarf. You don't want to get brass poop in your toolbox, because you can't clean that up with a magnet. LOL

We had one of those, but he would always leave behind quite a few of the little tiny black dots (chads) from a tape punch. No, they wouldn't magnet out either. Most of the guys would remember to lock up, after getting got.

It's really too bad about the incident. I hate to see spills like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I worked we did not have to lock our Gerstners. Our suprintendent occasionally reminded us that if we caught anyone stealing from us we could do with them as we wished. We had equipment that could turn a heifer into hamburger or make them wafer thin in seconds.
Have seen an occasional tip over of a "rollaround" because too many drawers were open....that can hurt somebody.

Haha Amigo, my wife is constantly reminding me to close some of those drawers for that very reason.

Pat

Back