need 10 brass shafts built

I would love to try an ACME thread, the large thread and matching female part it fits into may actually work better, but it was designed cheap as possible in 1941 so that is how they made them for 35 years.

Too late now...it wont let me edit...and I wont delete the thread. No liability for this because its an owner produced part.
Owner made if you make it.

Not so much if I make it for you.

Anyone can make a hinge bolt but few will touch any kind of airplane part.

Being that it is part of a critical part even less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Owner made if you make it.

Not so much if I make it for you.

Anyone can make a hinge bolt but few will touch any kind of airplane part.

Being that it is part of a critical part even less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Not so, I can have a part made as part of a repair of a larger system...the rules changed in the last few years. There are a lot of assumptions when it comes to aircraft parts, if things are not made by the OEM's, then we have to support them ourselves and are allowed to. I dont want to start an arguement, I am just hoping to find someone who is not worried about liability so I can fix a few 78 year old airplanes. I could have lied but I didnt. I may just take them to a local machine shop with a cad drawing and have them made. Thanks Tim

Here is the FAA lingo...I can control the quality, request to be made and inspect the part...which I am posting so others have actual data.

Back