[4]

Need a bushing/shaft extension.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Drhender

Registered
I have a motor with a 7/16" dia., 1-5/8 long shaft. I need to fit a sanding belt drive wheel to it. The drive wheel is 2-1/2 thick, w/ a 5/8 hole.

Is there someone out there that would be willing to machine a bushing/shaft extension for me? It would be a 2-1/2" long shaft, 5/8 in diameter, with a 7/16" diameter blind hole in one end (1-5/8" deep).

I'm in the Raleigh, NC area. Please send me a quote.

Thank!
drhender

cs900

maker of chips
Registered
aluminum good enough for you, or you want steel?

Drhender

Registered
Steel would be nice, but for what I am doing, aluminum would be sufficient.

(Hey, @cs900, do you know any Wilsons in the Binghamton area? A friend from college grew up there and has since moved back.)

cs900

maker of chips
Registered
Yes I do. Shawn and his brother Scott.

I certainly could do either steel or al, but also would be a lot quicker.

Drhender

Registered
Small world. If you run into Scott, tell him Dr. Hender said hello. He and I worked on our senior project in computer science together at NC State.

As for the shaft-- I'd be grateful for anything you can do for me. Let me know a price. Or maybe there's something I can do for you in return. I don't know what it might be... I'm a little light in machining capabilities. I can do 3D printing though... need a small specialty enclosure or something?

cs900

maker of chips
Registered
haha, that's great. Yeah a small world indeed.

Let me see what I have in hand for materials. I know I have Al, but i'll have to check the depths of my material bin to see if i have any steel. either way I'm sure we can work something out.

Drhender

Registered
haha, that's great. Yeah a small world indeed.

Let me see what I have in hand for materials. I know I have Al, but i'll have to check the depths of my material bin to see if i have any steel. either way I'm sure we can work something out.
Hey @cs900, never heard back from you. Would you be willing to turn that adapter for me? If so, PM me with a price.

cs900

maker of chips
Registered
yes, sorry. i'm out of town at the moment, but I can certainly get that made up for you when I get back. I may be able to have it in the mail by this weekend.

NCjeeper

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I could whip it out for you also if need be.

[6]
[5] [7]