Need a custom pin made

8mpg

Registered
Registered
While trying to fix my first lathe...killed a pin that holds a large half pulley onto the drive spindle. Its for a Cazeneuve HBX 360 lathe and goes on the bottom variator. Im hoping someone can help me make a small part. Its only 1" long or so. Below is a drawing:

Doesnt need to be anything special as far as material I dont believe. If someone can help, please let me know. I'd gladly pay.

Tim

Easy enough. But yes the tolerances would be important. How accurately do think you have measured this? Is the max OD really .250"?
On second thought, the part is probably metric if the screw threads are?
Robert

Yep, it French.
Robert

Last edited:
Im just measuring with a digital caliper. Tolerances arent THAT big of a deal. Smaller would be better. Within a few thousandths would be fine. The 4mm doesnt even have to be 4mm. I'll take an equivalent #6 or 8, whatever pitch. Its just a tapped hole to insert a bolt into to pull the pin out. Depth of the hole 1/4" would be great.

If needed, I can use a micrometer. Thanks for the help

Micrometer measurements: .245", .228", .156"

Last edited:
Looks like you have a taker on this. I was just asking because if the shaft is .001 larger than the hole, then it is a big deal. It's just so much easier when you can test fit on site. Making a part remotely is difficult unless the specifications are right on. Those micrometer measurements are a good idea.
Robert

If I have a minute or 2 tomorrow night I'll make one up . I can send it in an envelope for the price of a stamp .
Thank you so much! I can paypal you some money as a thank you

The measurements should be correct. The caliper vs micrometer was within .001 which should be plenty good.

Well , I just found out that it's a 13 hr night tonight . I'll get that pin made when I get a few minutes .

Back