• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Need a Delta DP 200 drill press pulley

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Horrors upon horrors. Sad to report I knocked over my old, pristine, Delta DP whilst moving a long stick of 12 pound rail into the shop. The poor thing deserved better, but it had no chance with the gorilla loose in the shop. Did a header and broke the four stage pully mounted on the motor. Shattered one side to bits. No hope of repair. The DP was sitting on a piece of plywood with small casters, the prior owner had fit inside the baseplate. I should have known better - the casters made it a bit unsteady on its feet and over it went with a slow motion crash.

So Iam trying to source anything close to an original 1939 Delta pulley to replace the broken one.

Anybody have a lead on the whereabouts of a nice replacement pulley?

Woefully,
glenn

Last edited:

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Just scored an original replacement pulley on eBay! Same series, same model. Can't believe it!:dancing banana:

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
My Enco 17" floor model drill press is bolted to a 36" wide, 30" deep, 5/16" thick steel plate with four flat head countersunk bolts, heads recessed underneath the plate. That is certainly overkill, but was what was laying around at the time, and I have no worries about knocking it over. The bases on most drill presses from the factory are worthless. I would not even be happy with bolting it to the concrete with the base size that came with it.

dlane

Active User
Glenn I hate it when stuff like that happens, but I like your second post

[6]
[5] [7]