Need a Delta DP 200 drill press pulley

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Horrors upon horrors. Sad to report I knocked over my old, pristine, Delta DP whilst moving a long stick of 12 pound rail into the shop. The poor thing deserved better, but it had no chance with the gorilla loose in the shop. Did a header and broke the four stage pully mounted on the motor. Shattered one side to bits. No hope of repair. The DP was sitting on a piece of plywood with small casters, the prior owner had fit inside the baseplate. I should have known better - the casters made it a bit unsteady on its feet and over it went with a slow motion crash.

So Iam trying to source anything close to an original 1939 Delta pulley to replace the broken one.

Anybody have a lead on the whereabouts of a nice replacement pulley?

Woefully,
glenn

Last edited:
My Enco 17" floor model drill press is bolted to a 36" wide, 30" deep, 5/16" thick steel plate with four flat head countersunk bolts, heads recessed underneath the plate. That is certainly overkill, but was what was laying around at the time, and I have no worries about knocking it over. The bases on most drill presses from the factory are worthless. I would not even be happy with bolting it to the concrete with the base size that came with it.

Back