Need a Longer Bed On my S B 187Y heavy 10L

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My restoration and powder coating on my cast Iron maiden is complete but It only has a 3' bed . An almost perfect bed but alas it is simply not long enough for com of my projects.
The lathe has the cast iron Under drive on the left and A Leg on the right side I bought the machine from the grandson of the original owner who was a genuine machinist. his company bought the machine, brand new, for him to do his work for the company in 1944. he was the only person to run that lathe. When he eventually retired in the late 50's his company had the machine completely rebuilt for him as a retirement gift. after he passed his son stored the machine but did not use it and it eventually passed on to the Grandson who is a artist of brushes, and had no use for the machine. I met the grand son and assured him I would refinish the lathe to like new and 3 years later I have fulfilled my promise. I have attached Some photos but there is too much clutter in my shop to get a good picture but I assure you it is s Beautiful Machine. The powder coat is Electric Blue over a base of India Ink Black and then clear coated

If anyone has , or knows of a 42" Bed or a 48" bed with ways that are in good usable condition please contact me at diamond@easyliving.com I will pay a 25.00 reward for a lead that results in a purchase
Thanks folks I appreciate your assistance in locating this 10L bed

Joe Larsen

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

Actually it is a Transparent Blue over India ink Black looks like a " candy " Bluish Black

That would make a great lathe for chambering barrels through the headstock.

Nicely done.

Back