Need a motor for a 0-16A

I would do the swap as described but unless I could get a single phase motor for free I would go with a 3 phase unit. It's not likely to be any more expensive and the cost of a VFD is fairly nominal compared to how useful being able to dial in the speed is.

John

You can find used 2 speed 'pancake' motors with C mounts fairly regularly. I have a spare I paid 60$ for... You can get a reasonable VFD for about 200$ and you are making chips. Or find a single speed 1PH 22pV C mount motor and start making chips. Depends on what make sense for you...

Hi, I was wondering if you thought this motor would work with an appropriate VFD for my milling machine? The motor is inverter rated and 3600rpm. Would the VFD now run the motor from very slow up to 3600rpm with constant torque? That 3600 rpm at 2hp is the highest rated speed if I used the original pancake motor. The motor is inexpensive and ships free. I would just like to choose something and get it setup. Lots of projects, so little time! haha

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...eneral_purpose/general_purpose/mtrp-002-3bd36

Thanks

The best you can hope for is 1/2 rated torque at 10% of rated maximum speed. On some inverter rated motors it is less, but still usable. My 2HP pancake motor gives about 1/5 rated torque at 15% maximim, but still takes a decent chip.

Back