Need a recommendation

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
What do you folks thing the best sight pusher is for ALL GUNS? If you were to buy just one for all your guns, which one would it be?

Ten power scope minimum on your deer rifle. Everything else with iron sights as default. Add optics too all other firearms when you deem you can afford to.

That is a very common answer to said question. If money was no object, then get the best range appropriate optic to each firearm today.

Management once said to me "Your machine shop has four DTI's and 18 micrometers, why are you requisitioning two and three more?"

And I said, "Do you put the same 10x optic on both your rifle and shotgun? Do you play gulf with only a nine-iron and a putter.?"

I have yet to meet the manager that understands first hand, both analogies.

What you seek certainly has noble utility to its thinking, but I don't do things that way. That is, while it'd be great to have a "one size fits all" device, I feel more comfortable with multiple devices, if need be.

A sight pusher is very little more than a shaped-leg C-clamp with fine threads. The key feature being the shape of those legs (feet). So like you, i bought one. But that didn't work especially well for everything, so I just made another. Then another. I suppose i could've gotten by with just one and a couple of adapter blocks - that i would also have to make - but i didn't.

Got it, so which one in you folks opinion would work best, with the most firearms?

The most universal

Sight pushers only work on dovetails, so how about the pusher that works on the most dovetail sight pistols. That narrows it down.

Most sight pushers are china imports from what I've seen. Some are specific to Glocks or 1911s. Some have spacer blocks that are modular within an O-shaped frame. Some have one screw with a pusher, some have two screws, some are cludgy push-pull systems. All of them work to a greater or lesser extent.

I bought this one for its adjustability. Haven't found a pistol it doesn't work with yet, unless it's not a dovetailed sight. It doesn't take much, and you could make one easily with machine tools. For years before, I simply used a non-marring punch and held the slide in padded vise jaws. No need for rocket science for a bang-the-rocks-together type of operation.

s-l500.jpg

Thanks guys.....got it " for dovetails only"

Which one guys is most universal, for the most dovetails, understanding none will work for all dovetails, for the most dovetails in the most guns.

Jump in and buy one, if it works, GREAT. If it doesn't work, buy a different one. We all have to make adjustments, no one can answer most of our personal choice questions.

Got that, i'm going to buy one....maybe two or.....more. just thought id start here first and see what everyone else thought. Didnt want to have to reinvent the wheel

Maybe i came to the wrong place, ill go elsewhere.

I have one of these. It has worked on Sig, HK, Glock, 1911s and 2011s, and a Ruger mk1 so far.

Wheeler Engineering Armorer's Handgun Sight Tool with Heavy-Duty Construction and Reversible Assembly for Handguns, Gunsmithing and Maintenance https://a.co/d/hP4QJjN

Attachments

• 41mwkhiDIoL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    41mwkhiDIoL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 12
Back